Cobbled Corner Cafe, Chipping.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yep, very fine toilets. They were open during full lockdown so are bound to be now.

Don't forget you need 20p.........:eek:
i don't remember paying. being the son of my dad I'm pretty sure i would have remembered - did you go for some premium service in the ladies?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
... seem to recall that i wanted to sit in the churchyard but one of them was too lazy to walk up the steps.
Point of order - I think it was actually because I had terrible backache and just wanted to stretch out on the seat below the steps! :whistle:

PS Lazy people don't do 100+ km round-trips to meet other CycleChat members for a day out on the bikes... :okay:

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
i don't remember paying. being the son of my dad I'm pretty sure i would have remembered - did you go for some premium service in the ladies?

I've only used these facilities once. I was out on a lockdown ride with a friend and she needed the loo. Fortunately we spotted the sign. I seem to recall scrabbling around for 20p to get in but could be wrong....................I know other places where we only managed to rustle up 20p in change and six people had to use the same loo in rotation..................don't slam the door!!!!!

Usually we just pick a pee stop which is a little more rural. :ohmy: In fact we are writing a complementary guide to 100 Greatest Climbs........working title is the 100 Top Pee Stops in the North-west......there may be an app...................

Point of order - I think it was actually because I had terrible backache and just wanted to stretch out on the seat below the steps! :whistle:

PS Lazy people don't do 100+ km round-trips to meet other CycleChat members for a day out on the bikes... :okay:
point of order accepted.
sorry
just checking you were paying attention.

If you ever want to hide something from my scrutiny, I suggest sneaking it into News & Current Affairs - that would be 99.9% likely to go unnoticed! :laugh:
ditto with me - not been there for a while apart from the odd system ping i get - miraculously, by not seeing the news and current affairs bit, a fair few folk have totally or virtually disappeared from view. It's a different (and small as in hebden bridge) world over there.

Last edited:

geocycle

Legendary Member
Went to Chipping today. Cobbled corner was closed and the building for sale or rent. Shame as it was a landmark. I used the farm shop but saw others heading for the post office.

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
Went to Chipping today. Cobbled corner was closed and the building for sale or rent. Shame as it was a landmark. I used the farm shop but saw others heading for the post office.
I went last Saturday. Café was open, but seemed only to be serving on a take away basis; get your drink and a piece of cake and sit outside. It appeared that you could only go in as far as a table to order your refreshments.

I too went across the road for a sarnie and a brew. Sat outside no problems.

Unknown as I'm sure it is to many,chipping does seem to be something of a hotspot. Maybe someone should start a "my bike in chipping" photogallery thread.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've ridden by three times recently during the week and it's looked completely closed up. I asked someone who lives in Chipping what the position was and she was unsure. It will be a loss as many use the cafe but there are plenty of other better options in the area.

Giving it some thought the internal size and layout would mean current restrictions could limit capacity to perhaps 3-4 tables at the very most. I guess it would only be possible to accommodate 6-8 customers at a time. Not worth opening up for in my view.

Accessing the till area/ordering point while maintaining any sort of social distance would be impossible.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Unknown as I'm sure it is to many,chipping does seem to be something of a hotspot. Maybe someone should start a "my bike in chipping" photogallery thread.
You're right and it's a bit odd that it is a hotspot. Nice little village, probably some decent walks in the area but I've never quite understood the attraction. Saying that we often ride through Chipping but rarely stop. I guess it's location means it's one of those places it's hard to avoid.

Anyway on a more serious note!!! :eek:😄

OP
OP
D

Darius_Jedburgh

Veteran
News on some cafes North of Preston from another source.....

Not sure if this fits in this group or the other one, but there are more people in this group who might be interested when planning rides north of Preston.

Some café news

The Country Kitchen in Waddington has closed down as it was put up for sale, but hopefully it will reopen in the near future as it appears to have been sold.

https://www.rightbiz.co.uk/buy_business/for_sale/231577_lancashire.html

Cobbled Corner in Chipping has also closed down, but looking at their Facebook page it will reopen under new management. Updates to be posted on Facebook.

View: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3179079902129043&id=154320707938326&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

Bashall Barn still only do breakfast until 11:00am and then lunch at 12:00pm. Currently between 11 and 12 it's things like fish chips, pizza and burgers, unless they're feeling really kind like yesterday when we were served beans on toast at 11:30am if we all had the same thing.

Stu Smith

Veteran
Bashall Barn still only do breakfast until 11:00am and then lunch at 12:00pm. Currently between 11 and 12 it's things like fish chips, pizza and burgers, unless they're feeling really kind like yesterday when we were served beans on toast at 11:30am if we all had the same thing
Be prepared to take out a 2nd morgage if you eat here :whistle:

Top Bottom