Coffee shop security

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Also, I look so badass that thieves tend to run to mummy when they see me.

Drago

Legendary Member
200px-PROM-1_bounding_landmine.jpg

SWSteve

Guru
Take a chance, rh Ines I visit are only visited by cyclists, so dash in to order then sit outside.

There's another in cheddar where you just need to wave through the window and never have to leave the bike alone..

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have ridden away empty handed from shops or cafes that I couldnt lock the bike to something .Its no good being able to see it.you just get to chase the scrote un til he dissapears around the corner.

If you can see it a cheap light weight lock will probably do .if not you will eventually lose it.

johnnyb47

Guru
It's an awful state of affairs though when you can't leave your bike for a few moments whilst you pop in to order a coffee. If I'm by myself ,I usually ask someone politely who is sitting outside to just keep an eye on my bike. Must people are usually very obliging. Obviously I never ask a group of youngsters but someone who is more mature.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This should do the trick ... :okay:

Bicycle anti-theft device.jpg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I know it appears I'm tempting fate but I hardly ever lock my bike, nor keep it permanently in sight, when making cafe stops, even though I carry a cafe lock.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have just made some 2m long stainless steel wires for some of the TCR guys. They wanted something that they can thread through the wheels, frame, bags, seat, helmet and round a post when they go into shops. They like them and think they will work fine.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I have just made some 2m long stainless steel wires for some of the TCR guys. They wanted something that they can thread through the wheels, frame, bags, seat, helmet and round a post when they go into shops. They like them and think they will work fine.
From what I, as a non-sailor, might call digging wire? Neat idea.

Tim Hall

What diameter did you use?

Top Bottom