Cold Extremities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skipper

Just read a thread from a lady with a cold derriere. Well she might want to ignore this post 'cos it's mans stuff.
Has anyone got any good tips (no pun intended) on keeping the extremities warm? Thermal socks I'm OK with, extra thick, or double pairs of gloves ........ again, I can work this one out.
The problem lies in the other extremity, the one that only guys have, your weiner, shaft, todger, John Thomas, whatever you want to call it!
When it's really cold outside, mine gets so cold it nearly drops off. I mean I'm checking for frostbite .... when I can find it! It's pretty discomforting trying to cycle like it too.
I've tried an additional pair of socks (strategically placed), even used one as a "willy-warmer". This makes your package look pretty impressive under skin tight thermals. I thought maybe about stopping every so often to rub and warm it up again, but then if I get spotted I'll get arrested and banged up for a few hours!.
I'm sure there must be a better solution?

Linford

You have forgotten 'Well known Member' ;)

Sorry, coudn't resist, no real idea's

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Yes... I was joking.
For those old enough to remember OZ magazine, they printed a knitting pattern for a 'Keep it warm Sock'. for the whole package down there, complete with a drawstring to hold it on.

:stop:

Last edited:

S1m0n

Might look out for the knitting pattern can't Google it at work though. I can't knit though so I'd have to get my mum to do it!

The main reason your extremities get cold is due to a drop in your core temperature. When your core temp drops your body draws blood away from your extremities and they then get cold.

Keep your core warm and your old man might stand a chance.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Get some shorts that have the padding in the front quite high up

mattobrien

Guru
I too have suffered with this issue too. I am tempted to try to get SWMBO ti crochet me something to keep that part of me warm (she doesn't knit).

Last year on one ride I was wearing woollen under gloves and had to stop to remove an under glove and position it elsewhere on my anatomy :cold:

I was wearing two pairs of roubaix tights too :eek:

Other than that I tend to ride a little warm, or if I get at all cold I can always exert myself a little more to warm up a little, but as that area doesn't do any work, it would receive not additional warmth.

I have a jacket now rates -5 to 12 degrees so I am hoping that combining this with a good base layer should keep my top half warm. I may even don a thermal jersey for the really cold rides.

I have my eye on some Castelli Sorpasso Wind / Arrivo tights which are rated -4 to 8 degrees in the hope that they will help prevent any further issues.

That said, I have been fortunate to have two children, so it could be argued that that particular use has been fulfilled :whistle:

Top Bottom