Cold Extremities

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
how about one of these, the chicks will love it, although the size may need some adjustment - a secret you had best keep to yourself:blush:
If you google 'egg cosy' I am sure you will find a style that suits you
263030-tearcraft-egg-cosy.jpg

Out of idle curiosity I googled Willy warmers. There's a rather fetching looking rainbow knitted willy warmer for just under a fiver; I'm slightly tempted to buy one just to see if it's any good.

Please post a review. Got to better than a sock...

I was a bit shocked to see postage was going to be £5 so I signed up to a free 30 day trial where you get free postage & put in an order; it should arrive Monday and, depending on whether or not Tuesday is cold enough, I'll write a review Tuesday night :thumbsup:

I just got to remember to cancel the free trial before the 30 days are up.

Candaules

Yes... I was joking.
For those old enough to remember OZ magazine, they printed a knitting pattern for a 'Keep it warm Sock'. for the whole package down there, complete with a drawstring to hold it on.

:stop:
Those were the days! When 'alternative' magazines included knitting patterns. Nowadays its all recipes for crystal meth, or Improvised Explosive Devices.
Or so I'm told.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
1- How do you know if the Willy Warmer they send you for a free trial has not been trialed by another?
2-How is this different than a sock?
Having dogs in my house, I have plenty of single socks seeking to serve mankind in these wintry times.

Whoever knitted that willy warmer must have been using a midget male model as a size guide; it was too small for me :angry:

If we get the crap load of snow that I've heard we're going to get it looks like I'll be using a good old fashioned spare sock.

1- How do you know if the Willy Warmer they send you for a free trial has not been trialed by another?

The willy warmer itself wasn't on free trial; the free trial was for some postage package. T'was a brand new willy warmer in sealed packaging so no danger of me boldly going where another man has gone before.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
A good tip is to keep your torso warm and tostie as your body will then use vasodilation to allow more warm blood flow to your extremities. If you have a cold torso it will use vaso constriction to keep blood in that area for longer to remain warm.

BigCam

I ran into this issue a couple of years back and did some research.
There is a company in the states that manufactures exactly this thing, the Thermajock, but it's for runners and has lots of velcro straps...
www.thermajock.com

I personally use a mobile phone sock that came free with Fast Bikes magazine.
This one may be warmer though ...

M0F4-Thunder-struck1.jpg

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I ran into this issue a couple of years back and did some research.
There is a company in the states that manufactures exactly this thing, the Thermajock, but it's for runners and has lots of velcro straps...
www.thermajock.com

I personally use a mobile phone sock that came free with Fast Bikes magazine.
This one may be warmer though ...

M0F4-Thunder-struck1.jpg
The Thermajock looks just like a case we used to market for point and shoot film cameras. Never thought of using it for a jewel case before.

Top Bottom