Colour of a bike - would you ride a feminine colour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cambsno

Got a test ride this weekend on an Allez 2021 model in Clay, but in the shop it looks a bit more lilac than the images suggest. Will see how ride goes but after sitting on it in shop and doing research at this price range its exactly what i want, aside from not being too keen on colour!

On the one hand, bikes are in short supply and want to get out properly as soon as possible so who cares on the colour. But for the sake of waiting a few weeks/months maybe i can get a different bike in a better colour - it is £700 or so I am spending!! Thoughts?

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Have it, at least it's not red, if it was red I'd say wait but clay sounds ok.

Reactions: C R

vickster

Legendary Member
I wouldn’t buy a bike I really didn’t like the colour of...for me that would be a black, grey or dark brown one. I wouldn’t buy anything pink or lilac either or pastel, I like bright colours (or bright accents on titanium).

There’ll be other £700 bikes better specced than a full price £700 Specialized

hoopdriver

Guru
My bicycle is custom made, meaning I chose the colour. I chose a dusky mauve colour which could certainly be seen as feminine. I love it. I like that shade of colour anyway and it looks stunning on the bicycle. I couldn't care less if a colour is perceived as masculine or feminine. If I like it, I’ll have it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get the raspberry one, the clay is very insipid and meh
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Specialized/Allez-Road-Bike-2021/N0PX

the green of the £1200 Elite is rather gorgeous :becool:

Red slows bikes down...

Who says I have to be riding places at Mark Cavendish type speeds? :laugh:

NR1F5667_small.jpg

P.S. I have five bikes, all of which are either red, or mostly so... :laugh:

Top Bottom