Colour of a bike - would you ride a feminine colour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

cambsno

Ohhhh, debate!!!!

I do prefer black or red myself - but there is a real shortage of bikes still and many are months away from being in stock according to websites.

Aww pocket sized bike. Helmet is almost as big :laugh:

*chuckle*

That pocket-sized bike still makes me grin like a loon, nearly four years after buying it. ^_^

My head... Well... :whistle:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Considering a build based on this frame :whistle:

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Define ‘feminine’ colours.

I’ve worn pink shirts for years and when an opinion has been offered, my partner and many female friends and colleagues like blokes in the colour. But most men would prefer back to school white, or blue at a push rather than risk being caught in a ‘girls’ colour.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Personally I always buy very neutral colours, usually black or grey with, hopefully, distinctive, subtle highlights.

I feel enjoying the colour of one's bike is important so be careful about your choice.

As for "feminine" colours? No such thing in this day and age.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
My short answer to the opening question is "Yes".

Once upon a time I ordered a custom frame from Mercian Cycles. Faced with a near infinite choice of colours, I soon realised that if I'm buying my perfect frame, it will look fantastic in any colour.

Predictably enough, when it arrived I wasn't particularly happy with my choice. Far too conservative in retrospect. So if it had been a case of "you can have any colour as long as it's lilacky-clay", I'd probably have ended up with a better result.

I had a nostalgic look at the Mercian site - link below. If you scroll down to the pictures of actual frames, do you see anything that wouldn't be absolutely magnificent?

https://www.merciancycles.co.uk/frames/colours/

vickster

Legendary Member
My short answer to the opening question is "Yes".

Once upon a time I ordered a custom frame from Mercian Cycles. Faced with a near infinite choice of colours, I soon realised that if I'm buying my perfect frame, it will look fantastic in any colour.

Predictably enough, when it arrived I wasn't particularly happy with my choice. Far too conservative in retrospect. So if it had been a case of "you can have any colour as long as it's lilacky-clay", I'd probably have ended up with a better result.

I had a nostalgic look at the Mercian site - link below. If you scroll down to the pictures of actual frames, do you see anything that wouldn't be absolutely magnificent?

https://www.merciancycles.co.uk/frames/colours/
Black, brown, grey..

Top Bottom