Colour of a bike - would you ride a feminine colour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I'm ashamed to say that I have a red bike

I do have a white one as well though to balance it out.

12boy

Guru
Surly bikes have always ugly murky colors like Beef Gravy (also called Bloody Stool) Meth Teeth Green, Not Enough Water Yellow Pee as examples. Mine is Beef Gravy. I've had green, yellow, red, black, silver, Orange, dark grey and metallic persimmon, a coppery orange color. I like mine monochromatic without decals, though. And, i prefer grips/bar tape and saddle both brown or both black.

dodgy

I honestly think 'feminine colours' what a stupid phrase, but anyway, are the best colours anyway. i had a flouro pink Tierney road bike in the 80s and it looked brilliant. In the early 90s I had a shocking pink MBK MTB and that also looked great. 🤷‍♂️

MntnMan62

Über Member
I dig my orange and black bike.
IMG_0145.jpeg

OP
OP
C

cambsno

I had a lilac Claud Butler roadster for ten years in the 1990s, I loved it, I've also owned a pink racer that I rescued from a skip and did up before finally selling it (to a woman, for what it's worth).
No such thing as girls' colours, boys' colours etc really, especially not in 2020 (the EF mens racing team look amazing in pink and purple), though my daughter begs to differ and thinks her Trek is both feminine and cool.

View attachment 540335

I'd ride a pink bike. But I wouldn't buy that Specialized, I'm just not keen on that colour, it's a bit non committed, a bit "hearing aid beige".
If you like it, you go for it... that's the only important factor.

I wouldn't say no to Pink, but lilac is just a bit wishy washy!

Gunk

Guru
I dig my orange and black bike. View attachment 540370

that’s quite a masculine colour scheme, never thought of orange as being feminine

plustwos

cambsno wrote : Got a test ride this weekend on an Allez 2021 model in Clay, but in the shop it looks a bit more lilac than the images suggest.

If you find you really like it, buy it. You will get to love. If not consider taping parts off and lightly add a weakly coloured laquer coat, perhaps based on the colour of some other parts to moderate it. But you probably wont need to.
Ken .

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I think that cycling is one area where men can express their love of bright colours where they might not feel comfortable doing so in other areas of their lives.
When the Giro D'Italia started in Belfast, my club and others got pink kit produced, I bought both the shorts and jersey^_^

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I think that cycling is one area where men can express their love of bright colours where they might not feel comfortable doing so in other areas of their lives.
When the Giro D'Italia started in Belfast, my club and others got pink kit produced, I bought both the shorts and jersey^_^

I have one of these and wear it frequently, it's my second favourite jersey.

Top Bottom