Colour of a bike - would you ride a feminine colour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I dig my orange and black bike. View attachment 540370

I do like an orange bike.

5FF6A931-1BD5-4F55-821C-DED537A7F9F4.jpeg

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
I think it depends on the type of frame...
Look at a classic 531 Colnago or holdsworth etc and they can look really nice finished in flamboyant colours whereas aluminium frames much less so for some reason IMHO.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I do prefer the unpainted Ti, but I do have one pink bike (awaiting assembly) Carlton Giro, & I also have 3 pink jerseys, so I'm not afraid so wear 'girly' colours :okay: Ride or wear whatever colour you like & sod everyone else ^_^

AuroraSaab

Veteran
There's no such thing as a 'feminine' colour; there's just colours. You do need to like the colour of your main bike though, in my opinion. Same with cars. You spend a lot of time sitting in it/on it so it has to be something that has visual appeal. If it's just a car or bike to get you from A to B the colour is less important.

Gunk

Guru
There's no such thing as a 'feminine' colour; there's just colours. You do need to like the colour of your main bike though, in my opinion. Same with cars. You spend a lot of time sitting in it/on it so it has to be something that has visual appeal. If it's just a car or bike to get you from A to B the colour is less important.

Speak for yourself, I wouldn't be seen dead driving this.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I like that, & considered the frame/forks as a replacement for my ('first generation') CGR
Until, I saw the price of them:eek:
That is a downside. I didn't purchase in the end, sometime after winter I'll just strip and totally rebuild my PX, likely with a new groupset as my LH Rival lever is getting a bit loose.

Not fully 'feminine', but I bought this Orbit America new (1990) from the legendary 'Two Wheels Good' in Leeds
The '89 Marin Pine Mountain came from there too

The tights were from 'Troll' (rock-climbing clothing)

Even the respray was bright
I did think of a full pink
Yes!, the saddle is well forward there, but I'd let a friend try it for that ride

Future, at the time, bro-in-law, with me (1)

Mortimer Road (aka 'The Strines')
I suffered that day, as bottom gear was 42 x 21:laugh:

1. 3 of us rode; Wakefield > Denby Dale > 'Sovereign Crossroads' > New Mills > Holmfirth > Holmbridge > HolmeMoss > Woodhead Pass > Torside Road > Glossop > LadyBower > 'Strines' > Penistone > Denby Dale > Wakefield

A good friend/fellow MTB (& CX) racer came with us, riding his Kona (on slicks)
G/f of time (wife since '98) followed/'leap-frogged' in our car - mainly to make sure we didn't leave her baby brother behind somewhere:laugh:

Top of Snake Pass

Top Bottom