Colour of a bike - would you ride a feminine colour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
A pink jersey is ok, a pink bike a bit much. Bright pink tape on a Ti bike could be :becool:
My bike colour choice can only get a little brighter ^_^

Six Road bikes - 2 Black (modern), 1 Grey (1980s), 1 Blue (1996), 1 Red (1990) and 1 Green (1989) (as in Italian Flag green).

1 Fixie - Black and Red.

Two MTBs, 1 Black and 1 Grey.

1 1970's old road frame project, colour yet to be decided (maybe British Racing Green in homage to my late Dad - the colour of his "best" racing bike in the the late 1950's).

Each to their own (BTW, N+1 definitely a bare Titanium framed beauty, earmarked as a retirement present to myself in c5 years time).

OP
OP
C

cambsno

Well, I decided not to and got deposit back. Did then pop to Decathlon who had the 500 in stock - in theory and better bike at £175 less as it has Sora rather than Claris and disk brakes. Yet when I sat on two different ones they just felt cheap and average, whereas the Allez felt a lot better, and this was me trying not to be a 'snob' about this. it just didn't feel as comfortable or as solid. Anyone else experienced that?

Old jon

Guru
Not off topic, but a bit of a tangent.
Last January I went to Bob Jacksons, here in Leeds, to order one of their frames. We talked through a number of details, what width tyres, which bottom bracket, lots of things. I thought all the specs were sorted, ready to pay the deposit. The man asked, 'what colour do you want?'

Do you know, I had no clue at all!

Last January I went to Bob Jacksons, here in Leeds, to order one of their frames. We talked through a number of details, what width tyres, which bottom bracket, lots of things. I thought all the specs were sorted, ready to pay the deposit. The man asked, 'what colour do you want?'

Ah, a dartboard moment ensued? :whistle: Or rather, a darts-at-a-paint-chart moment. ;)

What colour did you get in the end?

C R

Guru
Well, I decided not to and got deposit back. Did then pop to Decathlon who had the 500 in stock - in theory and better bike at £175 less as it has Sora rather than Claris and disk brakes. Yet when I sat on two different ones they just felt cheap and average, whereas the Allez felt a lot better, and this was me trying not to be a 'snob' about this. it just didn't feel as comfortable or as solid. Anyone else experienced that?
I have the 500, very happy with it after about 1000 miles, but it is my first road bike, and have nothing to compare it to. You have to go with what you are comfortable with.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Legendary Member

Yellow is the answer to his question.

Top Bottom