"Come on fattie old chap...pedal harder!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Don't want to go too far OT, but I'm sure you can buy civilian versions of these. (see here).

You can buy the actual Mailstar bike... they come up at auctions now and then. I think Pashley will still sell you one, though I'd imagine not with "Royal Mail" plastered on it:

http://www.pashley.co.uk/products/mailstar.html

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
My bike is anorexic. let me go and feed it some more scalps
bicycle.gif

Ajay

Veteran
Yeh, the weight thing is so important if you must have the lightest bike in the club.
If all you want out of your bike ride is the fastest time / best finishing position then weight can be seen as a major factor. It obviously really annoys the purists like the Gentleman that amatuers like me can enjoy his sport. I did the Raid Pyreneen last year and a couple of the "proper" (ie skinny clubmen) cyclists in our tour group made their disapproval quite clear as to how the event had become "too easy" as "non-cyclists" could complete it - a jibe aimed at my pal and me - both about 105kg. They might have been faster than us, but we burned more calories, and enjoyed the wine each night.
That's the problem with cycling, too many people out there just enjoying themselves and not conforming to stereotype!

Strange paradox here. "Gentleman Cyclist" has evidently been lurking on this forum long enough to be able to opine - with confidence - that we're all utterly obsessed with the weight of our respective bikes. Humph!? Yet I rather suspect that 'he' is fully aware that threads about people's weights have in the past aroused a lot of emotion and anger on this forum. Spot on, there! Yet he somehow seems to be 'unaware' of Arch's true gender.

Come on now, GC! It's a good act, and it's kept us all amused for days now. But it's riddled with inconsistencies and is mighty close to being utterly 'blown'. Why don't you call it a day and go back to being whoever you really are - or were - on Cyclechat? ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ah! I was confused by that, but I've looked back and realised that perhaps due to cross posting, I missed GC calling me 'old chap'. Now TheDoctor's post makes more sense....

I did have some old chaps, but they wore out, and I chucked them when I stopped going horse riding.

Downward

Guru
I'd rather get to the top of the hill 15% quicker and thus finishing my commute 15% quicker any day of the week.

Given the choice between taking the Roadie and the Hybrid it's Roadie everytime.

Shaun

Founder
I think we'll leave it there.

If you want to debate GC's causa movens then I suggest you engage him here.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom