Commuting Cameron caught!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Smokin Joe said:
It was Cameron and he has admitted to it.

If that's your bike on your avatar bonj, how do you mange to ride with the saddle stuck up inside your arse?

only a piss take, see: http://cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=10095&page=11

fish will be restored shortly.

OP
OP
G

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
gambatte said:
What a pile of ignorant answers - even from the so called 'cyclists' :thumbsup:

I've responded to 'any answers', but in my driving experience as opposed to cycling.

i.e. enforce the law - but to all road users, not just concentrating on speeders.

Apart from the '1 way' incident, I've seen all the rest committed by drivers just as much if not more.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Horace Goes Skiing said:
Whoa. Please let me be clear that I don't condone law-breaking.

I was trying to point out the hypocrisy of drivers who rant about cyclists running lights etc. The amount of law-breaking by drivers of all types is staggering - any forum on speed cameras, for example, is quicky swamped with drivers vehemently defending their right to go too bloody fast because it suits them. They're all excuses when it's their convenience at stake.

Put these buggers on a bike and I guarantee they will be just as selfish and "F the lot of you" as they are in any other kind of vehicle.

Thats OK then, I can agree with that :thumbsup:

Pete

I didn't think these 'red bike' and 'green bike' light symbols were widely used in the UK: indeed I seldom come across one, mainly because my preferred routes on the roads don't go anywhere near them I suppose. There is one such light, a 'green bike only', synchronised with the green man for pedestrians, that I know about, on my commute - my wife drew my attention to it, but she too ignores it, as I do. We ignore it for a very good reason, which is that we can't see it - not from our normal waiting position on the road that is! To get to it I would first have to veer off the road I'm on and mount the opposite pavement, then execute two 90° turns to line myself up with the pedestrian crossing. And mix it with the pedestrians. :biggrin:

Sorry, I seem to have departed off topic onto a rant about cycling 'facilities' in general, but my point is, I wouldn't have known about the rights or wrongs of jumping a 'red bike' if there is one, because such things are beyond my experience.

As for the bad Press, well, here we go again. It just goes on and on and on - we had Parris last year and thought it couldn't get any worse, but... cycling infractions however venial dominate the Press view of cycling, the same tired old arguments come up again and again. I really don't know how we win this one. It doesn't count, however much you're contributing towards making this planet a better place to live in; and it's useless to continue arguing that point. You belong to an unpopular class of people, you simply remain unpopular, come what may. ;):angry::evil::sad::sad::sad:

snorri

Legendary Member
The media seem to have missed the most important aspect of this cavalier cyclist incident. They have failed to give a condition report of the resulting casualties, how many people have been hospitalised or killed?
We should be told.:blush:

civ

Terminator said:
Not really the point though is it.There are many motorists out there that blatently break the law and get away with it without doing any harm and cyclists are the same.

The BBC's "Have your say" section allows you to click somebody's name and see all the other contributions they've answered

I'm looking forward to one about speeding (or other motoring offences) to see how many people will say that cyclists should be registered, taxed, insured etc, and that they should be punished for breaking traffic laws "as a car would" - and then answer that they speed everywhere when they feel it's safe, and that any fines for breaking the rules are evil stealth taxes and should be stopped.

I wouldn't even be suprised :becool:

Top Bottom