compatible batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tommaguzzi

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Thanks P.R. that looks like it might be way to go. I will have to measure the bike though as it currently has a non cassette 7 speed freewheel.

Don't forget, if you replace the freewheel , replace the chain or you can have some jumping problems.
regards Emma

OP
OP
tommaguzzi

tommaguzzi

Über Member
Ok as promised here is my new electrically assisted commuter.
tmp_8878-IMG_2087775453787.JPG

I bought a complete kit by Yose Power from eBay for just over £400. I liked it because the battery is integrated into the rack, it has an LCD screen, the connections appear to be high quality and it is legal. It even has the only up to 6kph thumb throttle. It arrived this morning and took about 5 hours to fit ( the crank arm had welded it's self on to the crank and was a bugger to get off )
The kit came with a full set of Allen keys, a crank arm puller and a crank bearing tool, but no instructions.
However it was easy enough to work every thing out and the connections only fit together one way.
First impressions are very good it did my evening commute with ease and on the way back I nipped into the corner shop for a loaf of bread and rode one handed holding the said loaf " int tuther " up the 12% hill I live on at 18kph grinning like a kid.

Looking at the photo I see I have to tidy the cables on the cross bar.
Thanks everyone for your advice.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Ok as promised here is my new electrically assisted commuter.
View attachment 341313

I bought a complete kit by Yose Power from eBay for just over £400. I liked it because the battery is integrated into the rack, it has an LCD screen, the connections appear to be high quality and it is legal. It even has the only up to 6kph thumb throttle. It arrived this morning and took about 5 hours to fit ( the crank arm had welded it's self on to the crank and was a bugger to get off )
The kit came with a full set of Allen keys, a crank arm puller and a crank bearing tool, but no instructions.
However it was easy enough to work every thing out and the connections only fit together one way.
First impressions are very good it did my evening commute with ease and on the way back I nipped into the corner shop for a loaf of bread and rode one handed holding the said loaf " int tuther " up the 12% hill I live on at 18kph grinning like a kid.

Looking at the photo I see I have to tidy the cables on the cross bar.
Thanks everyone for your advice.

Well done for getting up and running - there's lots of possible snags in fitting a kit, not to mention eccentric Chinese electrics.

As you say, a bit of cable tidying wouldn't go amiss.

Worth keeping an eye on the spoke tension in the motor wheel.

Some of the factory builds aren't brilliant, and the spokes in a motor wheel seem to settle in use more than an ordinary wheel.

The arcane craft of wheel building is beyond me, but some ebike suppliers reckon the spokes on a motor wheel are best nipped up a bit tighter.

OP
OP
tommaguzzi

tommaguzzi

Über Member
thanks P.R. i've had no problems so far but i'll keep an eye out for that. i have to say though that the kit i bought appears to be a very good qualility product. it was posted from Berlin but is probably originally chinese as everything appears to be these days.
my only other query is should i fit a torque arm?
the forks on this bike are short thick heavy steel items which i don't think will fail anytime soon.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
thanks P.R. i've had no problems so far but i'll keep an eye out for that. i have to say though that the kit i bought appears to be a very good qualility product. it was posted from Berlin but is probably originally chinese as everything appears to be these days.
the forks on this bike are short thick heavy steel items which i don't think will fail anytime soon.
As long as the flats on the antispin axle are a nice tight fit in the fork then you don't really need anything else.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

Strange to relate, torque arms were going to be the subject of my next post.

The risk is not so much the drop out failing, but the motor spinning out of it.

A legal motor such as yours doesn't need one, but on t'other hand, torque arms are cheap and you may prefer the belt and braces approach.

Cyclezee ones are reckoned to be good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Torque-Electric-Bicycle-Pedelec-conversion/dp/B00JZ2IST4

Top Bottom