Condor London mess it up again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It's been said before, Condor in London may have lovely kit, but their staff can be muppets sometimes - seems OK if you're in a suit and threatening to buy a full carbon bike with the wedge in your sock, but if you just want some advice on which is the best grease to buy, you'll get short shrift....

Went and bought cranks and a BB a couple of years back, and bought what they recommended.

After lots of problems, it turns out the BB they sold me was incompatible with the cranks they sold me at the same time

After buying a new set of cranks thinking it was my fault for not tightening it up enough, and after much stress, I now have a compatible set-up

So thanks again Condor - sorry I don't spend thousands in your store, but as far as I'm concerned, that doesn't justify you messing me around yet again.....

Tynan

Veteran
mmm, no real way of knowing what the conversation was when you were there I suppose

the one bloke I dealt when buying seemed excellent and seemed to know his stuff

that said the big chainring was out of true when I collected the new ride and they tried quite hard to make it my fault and charge me for it at first service

dunno, the chap said they were always struggling to get good people and they do seem to deal with lots of wannabe numpties and touirists from the time I spent in the shop

do love the bike though

tony_s

I've spent literally thousands at condor cycles over the last 3 or 4 years (shamal wheels, proton wheels, rapha & assos kit, etc) and they still look at me as if I'm a shoplifter. Having said that, they are a knowledgable bunch overall and they do have a good selection of kit. For me, no other central London bike shop comes close.

and if you want to visit a shop where they're only interested if you wanna buy a top o' the range uber expensive bike, then try mosquito

Magic in Whitechapel are a good bunch - knowledgeable, down-to-earth, and straightforward. The boss and owner, Scott, is almost always in the shop or the workshop, and they make an effort.

Top Bottom