Condor which one quandry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bad boy

Über Member
Hello All,

I would really, really appreciate some advice.

I am going to take the plunge shortly and purchase my first road bike, and am going to use a cycle scheme voucher and add a bit of my own money (ive checked and they are happy to do this).

The problem is I dont quite know what I want to do with it and therefore making it really hard to make a decision.

I know I want something that is fast, robust enough to handle London Commuting if need be although I still plan to mainly use my bad boy for this, and some long sportive rides.

The ones I'm thinking of are the all Condors being the Italia, Fratello and Agio

I am edging for the Fratello as its Steel and seems like a good all rounder but like the idea of the Agio and Italia as options also if I plan on joining a club and doing some rides.

I do want to do the London to Paris next year and plan on doing it on the new bike whatever that is.

what do you think

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Maybe this is too obvious a question but have you got out and tested your selection of Condors? The feel of a bike will get you on the right tracks

I would recommend the fit calculator:
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO
for getting a comprehensive set of measurements done - then you can check out the geometry of the bike to see if it can 'fit' you.

Never ridden a condor myself so can't advise on your choices.

Good luck with getting your first road bike!!

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
Thanks ttcycle yes that would definately make sense but to be honest I would not have a clue what to look/feel for when testing them.

I will give it a go and take it from there im looking at the fit calc now thanks.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I think the Fratello is a great all-round road bike and has many fans and owners here. I'd have one tomorrow. Great for commuting, will take a rack, some tougher 25c tyres for winter commutes, full guards, and looks great! For the summer, whip off the rack, guards, fit some 23c Michelin Pro-race 3's and go clubbing/time trialling. Condor will do a full measure-up as well.
This is not a bike for a wild one night stand, this is the bike for the endless romance. Go try!

Fab Foodie

Noodley said:
I'm fairly sure there was a thread on Condor cycles not too long ago, but can't remember on which part of the forum (probably Cafe :biggrin:)...I'll go have a look.

But I have had a brief go on scoosh's Fratello and it was very good :boxing:

You WILL NOT let it lie... :boxing:

Noodley

Okay, having looked at the bikes you mentioned, I agree with Fab Foodie.

All of them look good, but the Fratello ticks all you boxes.

Fratello - good all round machine. It can shift a bit too, and looks nice when bedecked in Campagnolo...:biggrin:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Noodley said:
but can't remember on which part of the forum (probably Cafe :biggrin:)...I'll go have a look.

LOL - Noodley you are particular!!

Well if Fratello's getting some good musings from a few people - go test ride it!

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
Fab Foodie said:
I think the Fratello is a great all-round road bike and has many fans and owners here. I'd have one tomorrow. Great for commuting, will take a rack, some tougher 25c tyres for winter commutes, full guards, and looks great! For the summer, whip off the rack, guards, fit some 23c Michelin Pro-race 3's and go clubbing/time trialling. Condor will do a full measure-up as well.
This is not a bike for a wild one night stand, this is the bike for the endless romance. Go try!

Thanks for the replies, I think I will go and try them out.

Basically you hit the nail on the head above Fab thats exactly what I would want to do with the next bike and aslong as the Fratello would not look out of place with all those lighter quicker models down the club It sounds like the one.

Fab Foodie

bad boy said:
Thanks for the replies, I think I will go and try them out.

Basically you hit the nail on the head above Fab thats exactly what I would want to do with the next bike and aslong as the Fratello would not look out of place with all those lighter quicker models down the club It sounds like the one.

It'll look peachy, something classy among all that plastic!
At our club there's all sorts of machinery turning up, what matters is the legs and the heart to keep pushing yourself!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I :wub: - or :smile: (as I'm a bloke :smile: ) my Fratello.

I've used it for general doodles, 160k audaxes (audices ?), 160k sportive (with 3,000m of climbing), CC Forum rides et al and have found it to be quick enough, comfortable, good-looking :hugs: and entirely suitable for my purposes. I have SRAM Rival (which I like lots ;)), 50/34 and 12-27, 28c tyres, mudguards. I'm not a young, fit flier but have not had to get off and walk up any hill yet :thumbsup:.

I bought the bike without having ridden one, sat on one, nor even seen one :eek:. Basically, all the things you shouldn't do :laugh:. Having said that, I had a cycle fitting with Paul Hewitt, got all my sizes and sent them to Condor, who made everything fit nicely. Apart from not getting any explanatory booklets/literature, it's been fine - and Condor were perfectly OK to deal with.

Done over 3,000km since June and many more to come.

If you want any further info, PM me and I'll do what I can to assist. :biggrin:

HTH

Crankarm

Guru
I've a Condor 853 Barrachi which is a gorgeous ride. Won't part with it. I have found Condor excellent to deal with and they will make sure you are on the bike that best suits your needs, fits you and you are happy with. Once you have bought one of their own bikes you enter into the inner sanctum. Enjoy the romance of cycling on a Condor.

:hyper:

OP
OP
B

bad boy

Über Member
Thanks everyone, Ill go have a chat with them and see if I can take one out.

I think I need to really sort out in my mind its main uses and that will probably determin what one I go for although the Fratello is now leading the way, although im not sure about the weight of it seems heavy, thats why I was also looking at the Agio.

Top Bottom