Conversion kkt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
Right re my last post re ebike I'm gonna go down the conversion route IV watched a few videos and it seems mid drive is the one to use, fairly easy to fit ,and no messing with my existing brakes or stuff
I'm thinking 36-48 volts and 500 -750 watts ( I know it's more than legal allows but in reality would u get found out)is this too much?
Donor bike will be a sirrus x 2
Any recommendations re kits

Drago

Legendary Member
The odds are still low, but they are real. The simple lack of a 250W compliance plate makes it easy for even the greenest copper to spot its not a legal machine.

Why risk points on your licence, and a conviction for a dishonesty offence (which is what no insurance is) which is disclosable on an enhanced CRB check, for the sake of a bicycle?

Not only that, but when people break the law it is the British way to punish the law abiding with even tighter resteictions. Us legal ebikers don't want to face compulsory licence, insurance or helmet requirements.

It's selfish. Please don't do it.

carpiste

Guru
The odds are still low, but they are real. The simple lack of a 250W compliance plate makes it easy for even the greenest copper to spot its not a legal machine.

Why risk points on your licence, and a conviction for a dishonesty offence (which is what no insurance is) which is disclosable on an enhanced CRB check, for the sake of a bicycle?

Not only that, but when people break the law it is the British way to punish the law abiding with even tighter resteictions. Us legal ebikers don't want to face compulsory licence, insurance or helmet requirements.

It's selfish. Please don't do it.
Added to that if you have a drink or two (maybe not likely but the morning after the night before?) and get caught over the legal limit it`s an immediate driving ban!

CXRAndy

Guru
There are a couple of readily available options, Bafang and Tongscheng

The Bafang BBS02 or HD are strong motors. These motors are pedal assistance, meaning once the bike is rolling, you only need keep the pedals rotating with little effort to get a level of assistance. Increase the level of assistance to go faster

The Tongscheng TSDZ2 is torque assist, meaning the level of assistance is proportional to the amount you press on the pedals and cadence.

I would personally look at getting your parts from the USA (forget europe). I would get a TSDZ2 with OS (open software). This allows you to alter all sorts of parameters.

Battery- I'd go for 52V or 48V. Dont bother with 36Volts, this is early tech and most manufacturers use 48V now.

LOOK HERE. https://www.eco-ebike.com/

Top Bottom