Corned beef

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Another one for corned beef hash. You can't beat it. You can make a pie out of it as well. Cheap and cheerful meal

FishFright

More wheels than sense
mush can be very tasty though?
and nutritious?
if you aren't concerned about looks?
or disguise its looks?

I'm more concerned about the texture and flavour of the usual stuff, I don't eat it . But the real thing from a Jewish deli is yummy.,

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Corned beef and cabbage with a potato. Boil the veg and when nearly done add chunks of corned beef. Drain and eat. I sometimes add a cup soup with half of the usual water as a sauce.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've always liked it in a sandwich or with salad and boiled potatoes. Nice with branston pickle or salad cream. No so keen on it cooked. In my Uni days it was 40p a tin, but these days it's not really cheap. Same as spam, over £2 a tin!

In Scotland, we can get a 'plain' loaf, which is peculiar to Scotland and Ireland. A corned beef sandwich using plain bread and butter is a thing of beauty. I'm often torn between putting HP on it and leaving it simple, as either way is delicious.

My wife hates plain bread, but fortunately works in Liverpool Monday-Friday (expect in lockdown), so I make sure that the plain bread and corned beef is purchased when she's away.

Corned beef also very tasty on proper Scottish rolls with butter.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I love corned beef hash, but for some reason it doesn't like me, I ALWAYS get indigestion when I have it so it's very are these days. Love it in sandwiches or just eaten as it is. Must admit I do want to try "proper" corned beef from a deli if I can find it.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Corned beef sandwiches with a dash of chutney are much tastier than you expect, and pretty scrummy. Ditto corned beef and potato pie. Fry up an onion, add tin of beef, stick it in a dish topped off with mash and put it in the oven to brown the top. Again, much tastier than it deserves to be, and presumably still fairly wholesome

Top Bottom