Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
My office office is currently the shed/summer house. ... I do like the flexibility of being able to have a longer lunch to get a ride in - this will be great in winter (yup I'll still be in the shed then).
1595493574547.png

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
We face a horrible future!! This virus is going to return (it's almost as if they want it to!) and be worse than the current wave. Then we have the flu and large scale recession and unemployment to look forward too. On top of that it's constantly pissing down!!😒

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
C'mon,i want an argument,let's 'ave it!!!:gun: :boxing: :ninja:Would it help if i posted the DM link i read it in?
Seriously though,i'm pissed off with everything! I feel like i'm living in some eastern European,soviet controlled sh!t hole in the 1980's!!:sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
C'mon,i want an argument,let's 'ave it!!!:gun: :boxing: :ninja:Would it help if i posted the DM link i read it in?
Seriously though,i'm pissed off with everything! I feel like i'm living in some eastern European,soviet controlled sh!t hole in the 1980's!!:sad:

It's all a bit "Pete Tong" at the moment. Two job losses in my house, MIL basically locked down in a nursing home, still keeping distance from most of family. That's going to continue. I'm still only going out to buy food and ride my bike. Not been near any shops other than supermarkets or DIY shops! God I'd kill to go into work even for just a few hours. Missing the social interaction.

We're in for many more job losses this Autumn.

Chin up, it's not currently raining here ! :okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's all a bit "Pete Tong" at the moment. Two job losses in my house, MIL basically locked down in a nursing home, still keeping distance from most of family. That's going to continue. I'm still only going out to buy food and ride my bike. Not been near any shops other than supermarkets or DIY shops! God I'd kill to go into work even for just a few hours. Missing the social interaction.

I'm making an 'stick pins in' effigy of one of those who moaned and moaned about their fecking gardens turning straw like,when we had the dry sunny spell a long long time ago (5 weeks today when it ended). They are to blame. I hope they're happy now that their precious lawns are back to green,even though we've had a crap summer because of them!!:ninja:

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member

Why don’t you arrange to meet your team or a few colleagues in a park or similar?

johnblack

Über Member
Going away for a couple of days tomorrow, riding the South Downs Way from Winchester to Eastbourne with a couple of mates, meeting the wives in Eastbourne and staying a cople of nights, will be interesting to see what it's like haven't really travelled very far in the past few months. Not so much concerns about the virus, more a complete lack of patience with crowds and queues that it has created.

Stephenite

Membå
I'm having a test on Monday.

I reckon me and the kids picked up a bug - cold virus - in the swimming pool last sunday. Whilst the kids were very snotty from Tuesday I didn't show any symptoms til Thursday (my day off). Spoke to my team leader on Friday morning and he asked if I would phone the Corona hotline. That led to me being given a test appointment and being told to self-isolate until I get the results on Wednesday.

We are supposed to start our summer holiday on Monday by driving to the 'summer cottage'. We can handle a few days delay in the interests of the greater good, I suppose.
I took the test and the result became available on the tuesday afternoon. 24 hours after taking the test. Negative.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
When are libraries reopening? in fact,when are all public sector services reopening?! No wonder they aren't keen on reopening when the staff are on full pay for doing absolutely bugger all!!:headshake:

Will this lack of paid for services be reflected when my next community charge bill arrives? Meaning,i'm paying for summat i'm not getting!!:thumbsdown:

Last edited:

johnblack

Über Member
A frien of my daughter took a test after his mum showed all the symptoms. The mums test was negative, but her son positive, he had no symptoms. A group of his friends all then took the test because they'd played cricket and got a text from the NHS, no positive test between them and all had their results in less than 24 hours, seems as though the system worked pretty well for them.

Julia9054

Guru
When are libraries reopening? in fact,when are all public sector services reopening?! No wonder they aren't keen on reopening when the staff are on full pay for doing absolutely bugger all!!:headshake:

Will this lack of paid for services be reflected when my next community charge bill arrives? Meaning,i'm paying for summat i'm not getting!!:thumbsdown:
Most libraries are now staffed by volunteers - many elderly (and therefore more at risk) due to having the time.
Our library allows you to choose books online and then collect them from outside the door at a prearranged time. You can return books the same way.
I very much doubt that services are open or not open on the whim of the staff.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Top Bottom