Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I wish they'd hurry up with my test result. I'm pretty sure I haven't got it though. I was coughing during the night and I was thinking here it comes. This is day 3, by day 7 I should know if I am going to live or not. Today I have just straightforward cold symptoms. Normally I take some lemsips and struggle into work, but I can't go coughing and spluttering anywhere now. I really don't know how I could have caught it.

• Hugs
Reactions: C R

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Lovely Wife has just volunteered to be a Steward Volunteer at vaccine sites. :smile:

lane

Veteran
Parents getting their vacination today - well hope my mum does as she has allergies and they weren't sure to start with

Dad got his and is booked in for second dose in exactly 12 weeks! All OK no problems so far.

Mum who is allergic to peanuts refused (although this seems to go against criteria reported in the media) although they said she can have the Oxford one but they don't have any stocks currently.

lane

Veteran
I wish they'd hurry up with my test result. I'm pretty sure I haven't got it though. I was coughing during the night and I was thinking here it comes. This is day 3, by day 7 I should know if I am going to live or not. Today I have just straightforward cold symptoms. Normally I take some lemsips and struggle into work, but I can't go coughing and spluttering anywhere now. I really don't know how I could have caught it.

I really am the same. Started off with a sore throat which had gone this morning but now am a bit wheezy and started coughing - definitely think its a cold as that is a typical progression with having asthma, and the cough is not what I would call continuous and I have no other symptoms. Still if the cough becomes more frequent guess I would have to get a test. Like you I am so careful surprised and a bit worried I caught it.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
A good mate at work and his wife have both come down with Covid. He's been delirious from fever for days, and the fatigue sounds absolutely brutal. He's in his late 40s, and I assume he'll be okay but only time will tell.

We're both keyworkers who have to travel during lockdown, so it's a little sobering to realise he may have contracted this through his work.

• Sad

Landsurfer

Veteran
In many ways, as a family, we are quite lucky.
We had the virus go through the family in April, the girls where ill with all the symptoms, but just for a day each, on consecutive days !
I was ill for about 4 days, then recovered over a couple of days.
I have an incredibly robust immune system.
Connor, 16, showed no symptoms, and Julie is on a considerable package of meds so were not sure what happened with her ... she was rough for 6 days.
Mine was a confirmed case by testing and we did the isolation thing.
So are we immune, we do all the mask and distance stuff but pretty much get on with our life ... our youngest, 3, gets all the bugs from nursery as usual so it would be difficult to tell with him.
We don't know anyone else that has tested positive and work has remained clear ...
The girls are at primary school and we just cruise on .....
Lets see how the government manage to snatch disaster from the jaws of success .... but i genuinely hope the vaccine programme works ...
I'm a key worker and travel extensively on a daily basis and sometimes overnight stops are required but my interaction with others is minimal.

Last edited:

Landsurfer

Veteran
The Scientists .... ? ... Witless ? Ferguson ? .... mmmm
I watched that movie they did with the pirates ... brilliant...

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
SWMBO's been on the front-line of this since March with research into new ways of feeding patients with Covid-19, Covid recovery patients and since last September live Covid patients. Basically if you're on a ventilator she will sort out your tube feed to help keep you alive.

Her wards are full and she's now got further problems: they're running out of staff to care for the patients because her colleagues are catching it.

lane

Veteran
The Scientists .... ? ... Witless ? Ferguson ? .... mmmm
I watched that movie they did with the pirates ... brilliant...

Previously when I replied to one of your posts I said we had 80,000 excess deaths and now it seems certain we will be looking at 100,000 +.

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, Mrs D was deputy head of year in a very large school (2200 brats children).

Besause of her MS, a rather unpleasant autoimmune disease, the principal moved her out of that job and made her his personal assistant for the same salary. She gets her own office, is physically isolated, and actually works better hours because she always finishes bang on time.

In addition to the PA role she has now been put in charge of the covid task force at the school, and has 7 personnel reporting to her. This has brought her a jump of 3 pay scales and an 8 grand pay rise, so while she never engineered it that the the virus situation has worked quite nicely for her.

It makes little difference day to day for me petsonally. Mini D is still eligible to go to school as Mrs D is classed as a key worker, and I am too (category 2 responder- voluntary front line staff) as an on call SAR Search Manager, so day to day it's made precipus little difference to my daily routine.

Top Bottom