Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Be careful as I thought I was over it after 8 days, but my lungs started playing up on day 9 as my oxygen levels tanked. It took me another 10 days to shift it.
My cough wasn’t dry, it was quite chesty.

Mine's chesty too. Still, they did tell me I could stop self-isolating unless I had a temperature. My calf is sore; I think it's the lack of exercise. I think I lost weight.

vickster

Legendary Member
Mine's chesty too. Still, they did tell me I could stop self-isolating unless I had a temperature. My calf is sore; I think it's the lack of exercise. I think I lost weight.
Sore how? Covid can do weird things to blood consistency, any concerns it could be a clot, seek medical help

Well up to now no member of my family lwere affected now that has changed. My Missus's mother has been in a care home for 6 years with Alzheimer's and we got a call Wednesday before last that she was about to expire with a chest infection ( not Covid) they relaxed the rules on visiting so my missus and her siblings were allowed to visit. She did not expire at that time so she went 4 times and was tested all 4 times, all negative.
There is Covid in the home though. The lady in the room next to her mum has it.
So this Sunday she starts to feel ill, got a test and had a positive result on Tuesday, i got tested and had a -ve result on Wednesday.
The only place my missus could have contracted it was the care home or when we had done a food shop.

Wednesday we got a call from the care home, come quick she is really about to expire now. Off course my missus could not go. Her mum passed away in the evening, the eldest daughter was with her and she went peacefully.
I rang my 2 kids (adults) last night to tell them the news, so my son also drops the bombshell, that his girlfriends Dad now has it, now they live with her parents so they are isolating as well. ( they have tested -ve) .

The big worry is that one we both have it but also the only other person we have been in contact with is my partners eldest who has bad anxiety problems, asthma, sleep apnoea and is morbidly obese. If he gets it then he is in big trouble. He has no symptoms at all , lives by himself and has no contact with anyone apart from his mum.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
They have discovered that some of those injected have subsequently become infected.
In the early days after the first dose, the immunity/resistance will not be present so it would be surprising (statistically) if people did NOT become infected, say in the first 10 days. But after that the trials suggest both increasing immunity and less severe symptoms if infected (and recall the 90% effective corollary: 10% ineffective).
https://youtube.be/fn3KWM1kuAw

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
In the early days after the first dose, the immunity/resistance will not be present so it would be surprising (statistically) if people did NOT become infected,
It would be wrong to read too much into one care home.

I moved my post to the Covid vaccine thread as it seemed more relevant to that one, your post crossed in the post as it were!

Well following on from my last post my missus came through Covid fairly unscathed , even though she is also grieving for her mums death. I again tested -ve after we came out of isolation.( I must be the Teflon Kid)
Then yesterday her morbidly obesse son tested +ve . The only person he had come into contact was his mum over 2 weeks ago before she tested +ve. My missus was initially distraught thinking he was about to get very ill and die . Then we worked out from his symptoms ( mainly just loss of smell) that he must be at the end of it from when he probably caught it.
The really weird thing he is feeling better than ever as this is the first week since he has had a fitbit ( 6 months) that he has actually recorded being asleep for a few hours every night.( he suffers from sleep apnea) He also looks better.
However he has the automatic isolation order from the NHS and will miss his Nan's funeral on Friday.

A little footnote, my son and partner are fine and so is his girlfriends dad. This COVID seems so much more virulent now, when my missus rang the funeral director he was just returning from isolation and when I told the window company they could now come and fit our new front door they couldn't as they were in isolation as some of their fitters had Covid and had closed the company for the moment.

johnblack

Über Member
Did an anti body test yesterday, came back negative, I've never felt like I'd had it, but it would've been nice to have been asymptomatic at some point and have some antibodies in the system.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
As a family we have had no positive tests so far, however my wife has had the Pfizer vaccine, 1st dose. So hopefully she will be ok now till the rest of us catch up in due course.
Funny thing she was quite ill a year past December there, high temp. Absolutely floored . Took a week or so to recover. Myself, last summer whilst on holiday in our caravan, got a severe dose of the monty zoomers , out of nowhere. Temperature went on for about a week. Doctor reckoned it was gastrointeristist . No sure how that works as we we were all washing hands etc. I just put it down to food poisoning:unsure:

vickster

Legendary Member
As a family we have had no positive tests so far, however my wife has had the Pfizer vaccine, 1st dose. So hopefully she will be ok now till the rest of us catch up in due course.
Funny thing she was quite ill a year past December there, high temp. Absolutely floored . Took a week or so to recover. Myself, last summer whilst on holiday in our caravan, got a severe dose of the monty zoomers , out of nowhere. Temperature went on for about a week. Doctor reckoned it was gastrointeristist . No sure how that works as we we were all washing hands etc. I just put it down to food poisoning:unsure:
Bacterial, viral or parasitic infection from food (or water) causes gastroenteritis :scratch:(it's a symptom not a disease per se)

Gastroenteritis: Inflammation of the stomach and the intestines. Gastroenteritis can cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea. Gastroenteritis has numerous causes, including infections (viruses, bacteria, and parasites), food poisoning, and stress.

The most common cause of gastroenteritis is a viral or bacterial infection, and less commonly parasitic infection. The most common causes of viral gastroenteritis are norovirus and rotavirus. Escherichia coli (E. coli), Salmonella and Campylobacter are the most common causes of bacterial gastroenteritis.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Yep , it probably was something like that although I’ve had gastroenteritis before years ago in a dodgy Benidorm hotel. It was very unpleasant!!! This recent episode was different.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep , it probably was something like that although I’ve had gastroenteritis before years ago in a dodgy Benidorm hotel. It was very unpleasant!!! This recent episode was different.
Like any condition, gastroenteritis symptoms can range from mild to severe and even fatal

I and my wife have just had our appointment for a vaccination Friday, 5th at a local sports centre. We have just had a supermarket delivery so will be taking no chances for the next week to cock things up when we are so near.

On a less pleasant note I have heard today that an old grammar school friend of mine died with Covid this week aged 73. He was the most athletic boy and best at sport in the school, but he has not been in the best of health for some years. That's three out of around 35 due to this pandemic. :sad:

Top Bottom