Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Funny how reality can jolt people's perceptions.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
My sister lives in a block of retirement flats in north Kent that for a while had the highest infection rate in the country. Phoned a couple of days ago to say they have finally had their first resident test positive and taken to hospital. I hope it hasn't already had a chance to spread, many there are old and vulnerable.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
More or less over it now. Just have to wait until next Thursday before I can go out. One thing that concerns me is that usually when I have a cold and it gets on my lungs it takes me about three weeks before I finally stop coughing. I wasn't coughing much, but I was a bit. It wasn't quite a dry cough neither.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
More or less over it now. Just have to wait until next Thursday before I can go out. One thing that concerns me is that usually when I have a cold and it gets on my lungs it takes me about three weeks before I finally stop coughing. I wasn't coughing much, but I was a bit. It wasn't quite a dry cough neither.
Hopefully it stays away from your lungs. Child 2 was believed to have been infected about a week before the national lockdown last March. She quickly became breathless when on her bike with me, after we thought the infection had passed and it took several weeks before her lungs are thought to have recovered properly.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Hopefully it stays away from your lungs. Child 2 was believed to have been infected about a week before the national lockdown last March. She quickly became breathless when on her bike with me, after we thought the infection had passed and it took several weeks before her lungs are thought to have recovered properly.
Was she considered infectious?

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Was she considered infectious?
This was, as I recall, before testing was commonplace. IIRC, you were only tested if you were hospitalised.
If you had symptoms you were considered infectious and supposed to self isolate for 14 days. So she was sent home from college as soon as she showed signs of being unwell. Our house went into isolation and we had food delivered by friends and family.
At the time cases were growing rapidly and hospitals seemed to be the most infectious places, so considering that as a last resort, we did what we could to manage her symptoms at home. Fortunately, I have at home a supply of O2, so we managed her symptoms, (which were way beyond a cold or flu), with that and drugs we had in the house.

The trains were lightly loaded today between Stuttgart and Freiburg; the police wandered through at one point checking on masks: these are mandatory on trains a and in stations.

Everyone I saw followed this except one charmer who didn't just wander down a platform without a mask but took the opportunity to gob on the floor as well. Unfortunately this was a minor station and there were no police present...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Catch up at work this morning and asked how the 'team' I share an office with were. We're in an office of around 20, two finance, three student support and 15 Marketing.

Many of the younger staff live in flats and had just started to stagger when they were coming back into the office to maintain social distancing (we can get 6 in the office of 20 desks). All had commented how their mental health had improved, but their manager said she could see over Teams how 'fed up' everyone was with the latest restrictions - back to working from the settee for many.

Going to be a long haul for everyone.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
It is good news, but absolutely no reason for any complacency.

I was bothered by the sentence This is the reason many Tory MPs will be demanding No. 10 doesn’t launch a new swathe of anti-freedom lockdown measures… at the end of the piece. Is this a warning or approval? The lockdown measures are not designed to be 'anti-freedom' (although that is the effect) but to slow down the spread thereby averting a disaster in hospitals. The reason for the rapid spread surely is due at least in part to too many claiming a 'freedom' not to obey the rules designed to stop it.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Reactions: C R

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I had a zoom meeting with my erstwhile running club friends. One said a neighbour had died and another was seriously ill. Another said her lodger was proper poorly with it. He was a taxi driver who refused to stop work until he had to, so that doesn't sound so great. Another friend said five of his family had had it, including his 86-year-old mother, who is currently sick at his home. She has Covid pleurisy. Don't know if Covid pleurisy is any worse than the standard kind, but pleurisy is notorious for carrying old people off. It all sounds a fair bit worse than the first time around.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Be careful as I thought I was over it after 8 days, but my lungs started playing up on day 9 as my oxygen levels tanked. It took me another 10 days to shift it.
My cough wasn’t dry, it was quite chesty.

Top Bottom