Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Seems to be going up and down the rail network. I was talking to the sim manager from Plymouth today. She said one of the instructors, who I know, had been on a ventilator. He is under 50, a bit overweight but not obese. I told another employee I sometimes share an office with that I'd had Covid. She said her sister and mother had had it. She said her mother tested positive for it ten days before she got ill. NHS track and trace only ask you for contacts two days before you show symptoms.

My parents have been in quarantine since the beginning of the first wave and have their first vaccination tomorrow.

Currently not sure when I'll get mine despite being in an "at risk" group and in a job where I have a higher exposure risk. Stereotypical German organisational genius seems to have gone on holiday when we need it most.

Milzy

Guru
Club mates dad just died from it. The only ones who I know from real life to succumb to the disease were old & frail. Known many to shrug it off in a week with no post virus fatigue syndrome. I actually believe I’m immune.

• Sad
Reactions: C R
Club mates dad just died from it. The only ones who I know from real life to succumb to the disease were old & frail. Known many to shrug it off in a week with no post virus fatigue syndrome. I actually believe I’m immune.
Same here, probably know half a dozen personally that had it and all seem ok.

Hopefully the vaccine will help.

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
Spoke to a friend yesterday. His mum died of Covid between Christmas and New Year. Hospital acquired infection. She was 88 and in all probability was not expected to live many months due to other conditions.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Youngest Son had a mini break down through the week. Its all becoming a bit too much. Thinks my wife and I might croak it due to the virus... School work has drifted really as well and not helpful when we both work and not from home as not possible. :sad: He`s perked up a bit guidance teacher reassured him etc and he will be checked on weekly for a walk etc. Normally quite a busy lad and care free but even 14yr olds get to breaking point. Ever hopeful he can get back to school after easter as not in touch at all with any of his peers.

lane

Veteran
Youngest Son had a mini break down through the week. Its all becoming a bit too much. Thinks my wife and I might croak it due to the virus... School work has drifted really as well and not helpful when we both work and not from home as not possible. :sad: He`s perked up a bit guidance teacher reassured him etc and he will be checked on weekly for a walk etc. Normally quite a busy lad and care free but even 14yr olds get to breaking point. Ever hopeful he can get back to school after easter as not in touch at all with any of his peers.

Mine have not had a mini break down but I do worry about the impact on their mental health and development. Missed two thirds or a year's schooling now.

vickster

Legendary Member
Can he not go to school if you are both unable to work from home? Maybe worth talking to the school?

AuroraSaab

Veteran
The toll it is taking on youngsters and young people is heartbreaking. I know we are in a better situation than most but it's really been terrible for some kids. I just tell mine that all their friends are in the same boat, we'll get through it, and the best days are yet to come.

johnblack

Über Member
The toll it is taking on youngsters and young people is heartbreaking. I know we are in a better situation than most but it's really been terrible for some kids. I just tell mine that all their friends are in the same boat, we'll get through it, and the best days are yet to come.

They've got a lot of pent up energy to use, this summer could be a great time for the kids if the regulations allow. I think that there could be a large amount of rebellion if they see that they're still not allowed to do things even if all the older generations have been vaccinated.

lane

Veteran
They've got a lot of pent up energy to use, this summer could be a great time for the kids if the regulations allow. I think that there could be a large amount of rebellion if they see that they're still not allowed to do things even if all the older generations have been vaccinated.

Yes I just posted similar on the "back to normal thread". I find some of the messages coming out about restrictions until the autumn quire alarming and I think if so will stretch willingness to comply from many to breaking point - and in saying that I am not judging if the restrictions are needed or not because there may be good reasons.

Top Bottom