Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Have amended my post with the testing comparison data: Germany tests at 9% of the UK rate: a very effective T&T?
Will use other thread.

Last edited:
Here's a clue to the testing. The UK is conducting 10.98 tests per 1000, daily (down about 25% from the peak in early July, 10 days before the cases peaked btw) and Germany is conducting 1.00 test per 1000. Mmmm?

Have amended my post with the testing comparison data: Germany tests at 9% of the UK rate: a very effective T&T?
Will use other thread.

Context, as always is everything. In this case it's possibly because a lot of tests are self administered now so they aren't coming under the official statistics: for example, Beautiful Daughter gets two "quick tests" a week from Kindergarten which Beautiful Wife administers and has to present to the Kindergarten staff, but that won't be recorded unless it's positive, in which case she has to do a full test, which will be recorded. Also evidence of tests or vaccine certificates are required for some cafes and events.

Multiply that up for every Kindergarten and school or event in Germany and you'll see that far more people than 1:1000 are being tested , and probably far more than 10:1000; that's just showing the "second line" of tests for people actually showing symptoms or positive tests.

In the meantime, we still have masks in shops and on trains et c, and compliance is pretty high.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Yes, the UK test data include LFTs reported.
So this is a 'lack of reporting' then, combined with the stereotypical Teutonic discipline.
Why don't Germans report positive and negative LFTs and so "come under the official statistics"?

Yes, the UK test data include LFTs reported.
So this is a 'lack of reporting' then, combined with the stereotypical Teutonic discipline.
Why don't Germans report positive and negative LFTs and so "come under the official statistics"?

If this is the case I suspect because it isn't considered necessary: The Kindergarten or the School holding a graduation needs to know you have a negative, but no-one else does.

Johnno260

Veteran
Well the children and myself tested positive.

Wife is double vax + booster and is holding out.

Edit: The wife’s booster was Pfizer and her first 2 doses were AZ in case the information is helpful to anyone.
She is also doing a daily lateral flow test, so far so good, fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Pfizer booster for me as well this morning. Also had it for the initial vaccinations with no effects, so hoping for the same lack of reaction this time.

gbb

Legendary Member
Despite coming into close contact with my Grandaughter (5) last Sunday (8 days ago) who consequently tested positive that night, along with her mum...we (wife n myself) have remained negative.
LFT tested every workday since, no symptoms, temps, anything. Ironic because she loves rough and tumble , carries, cuddles etc.
We have done a couple drive by drop offs of essentials and some treats , theyve all generally been ok (4 out of 5 of them have now tested positive)
The first two of them infected have shown negative LFTs after 6 or 7 days, it must be waning in them.
None of them, mum n dad particually, are vaccinated at all, something i disagree with but respect their choice.

I did warn my colleagues, give a little extra space, just in case.
All good though....so far.

Top Bottom