Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My wife and I had the covid three weeks ago, we had the symptoms of a heavy cold for a week. Two weeks later the immediate symptoms have gone but we are both left feeling tired and ‘woozy’, a bit like a hangover, a sore/tickly throat, a bit of a headache, balance a bit unsteady, muscle weakness. We are gradually getting better but only very slowly.
We both tested on the first day of symptoms and both returned negative LFT’s. They only went positive when we tested again after another few days of symptoms, by which time who knows how many contacts we had passed it on to.

classic33

Leg End Member
Son in law currently positive.
Daughter in law just tested neg after contracting covid, come into reasonably close contact with both prior to their infection.
Still neither of us, wife and myself, have had covid yet . How many people have still not had it i wonder ?
Still clear, only recently reduced daily testing to weekly.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Having avoided it in the immediate family since the start (unless that bad illness we all had in Jan 2020 could have been it??? :unsure:), my brother tested positive on Tuesday. I knew I was at risk as we'd spent a few evenings together with drinks and a movie just beforehand and my positive test came this morning.:angry: Zarking fardwarks!

Meanwhile, Cousin L tested positive on Thursday - her third time in the last nine months. To say she is cheesed off would be an understatement.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
my positive test came this morning
Hopefully you'll sail through it: I just had it, no symptoms apart form feeling a wee bit chilly on a hot day on the first positive test.
That was my first time (I'm sure because I have tested regularly since 2020).
Annoying more than anything else, it overlapped with annual leave, I tested positive for 7 days :sad:

Slick

Guru
Hopefully you'll sail through it: I just had it, no symptoms apart form feeling a wee bit chilly on a hot day on the first positive test.
That was my first time (I'm sure because I have tested regularly since 2020).
Annoying more than anything else, it overlapped with annual leave, I tested positive for 7 days :sad:

Turn your annual leave into a sickness Pat and get your time back. Happens all the time. :okay:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Turn your annual leave into a sickness Pat and get your time back. Happens all the time. :okay:
Oh, I didn't know that.
Anyway, I'm getting made redundant on the 15th of July, running out of days as I still have 6 days annual leave to take :laugh:
Currently I work for the public sector, but if you get Corona while employed in the private sector, sickness pay has stopped now, you are meant to go to work if feeling up to it.
If not it's just statuary sick pay afaik.

midlife

Guru
You can't actually be on annual leave while sick, odd situation but you have to be at work to take annual leave. Your employer should automatically switch for you and reinstate your leave entitlement

Slick

Guru
Oh, I didn't know that.
Anyway, I'm getting made redundant on the 15th of July, running out of days as I still have 6 days annual leave to take :laugh:
Currently I work for the public sector, but if you get Corona while employed in the private sector, sickness pay has stopped now, you are meant to go to work if feeling up to it.
If not it's just statuary sick pay
Yes you absolutely can and should do it even if you are to be made redundant. I'm kind of public sector with a private sector element, and the advice we are getting is pretty much as you say, no longer a reason on its own for non attendance and its to be treated like any other illness, so if you are feeling OK, you should come to work, which I think is a huge error. Its a long complicated story, but after fighting hard for 2 years to keep my workplace covid free, I was never going to be the one to walk into the office and put others at risk. I still think we need to make our own decisions.

Slick

Guru
You can't actually be on annual leave while sick, odd situation but you have to be at work to take annual leave. Your employer should automatically switch for you and reinstate your leave entitlement

Nice. :okay:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Nice. :okay:

I've got this as there's a chance I could be still ill next Wednesday, when I'm supposed to be taking six days' leave. The probability is I'll still take the leave and am aiming to do some work from home Mon/Tues - I've an exam board to chair Tuesday but cover is in place if I can't do it.

Alex321

Veteran
It amazes me how Covid Fanatics never seem to get ill with colds, flu, food poisoning etc etc .... every illness is always Covid ...
I’ve got heart disease, high blood pressure and a tendency to Transient Global Amnesia.
Feel so left out by never getting covid ... may it’s because i never, never test for it .... Bowel cancer and diabetes yes ... but covid ...never.

It is very probably because you never test for it.

And I have absolutely no idea why you believe that "covid fanatics" (whatever rubbish you mean by that) never get any other illness. Though most of us have had fewer illnesses than usual during the pandemic. Keeping social distance does tend to reduce the transmission of most infectious diseases, not just Covid.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom