Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What if you measure resting HR and HRV every single day. Let’s say you exercise every day or every other day and that includes heart rate and power data on the bike. Let’s include exercise that pushes you up to 90% or more of your max heart rate. You have a good understanding of your RPE and how that ties to your heart rate response and power output.

I would posit that you can’t have Covid-19 without it showing up in any of your daily data especially if you have a long and well established baseline.

Yes but who does this ?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Yes but who does this ?

me, and regards daily HRV about 4.5 million according to the app. Many millions collect this data as a matter of course.

Latest numbers are that 19 million confirmed cases of Covid 19 in UK. Leaving 51 million unconfirmed. You can’t say 100% of the 51 million must have been asymptomatic the past 2.5 years.

Last edited:
Define we??? If your talking about your place of work, then i left my place of work on march 16th 2020 and have yet to this day returned. So they had no need to test me……i was working from home and still do.

i also work very closely with the welsh government and am very clear of what rules we had to adhere to.

Fair comment; I meant "We" as in "my place of work" and possibly by extension the state of Baden-Württemberg as our C-19 regulations were defined by the states not the federal government.

I was expressing interest in the different regulations in similar countries, not intending to cast doubt on how you have responded to C-19.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Fair comment; I meant "We" as in "my place of work" and possibly by extension the state of Baden-Württemberg as our C-19 regulations were defined by the states not the federal government.

I was expressing interest in the different regulations in similar countries, not intending to cast doubt on how you have responded to C-19.

Yeh, there was lots of differences in testing rules with the devolved governments in the UK too and even now there are differences…….

Yeh, there was lots of differences in testing rules with the devolved governments in the UK too and even now there are differences…….

The state parliaments and courts have to ratify laws and I got a strong feeling they were really grappling with the balance of freedom and stopping the pandemic; some state courts even said the laws were unconstitutional in their states...

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Yes, but not the same question, as you implied :banghead:

Both questions were broadly around testing for covid…………but anyway lets move on, plenty of other people have answered the same question as i have

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
"Not in my case" doesn't really negate a "most of us do" assertion. :ohmy:

If 40% of those who test positive are asymptomatic, then at least 40% of those testing must be testing without symptoms. Thus the test figures must be around 50/50 for those who test with symptoms, and those who test without.

What we don’t know, is of those who have no symptoms and are testing, how many come up negative?

classic33

Leg End Member
If 40% of those who test positive are asymptomatic, then at least 40% of those testing must be testing without symptoms. Thus the test figures must be around 50/50 for those who test with symptoms, and those who test without.

What we don’t know, is of those who have no symptoms and are testing, how many come up negative?
No symptoms and still coming up negative. Lateral Flow and PCR's.

Alex321

Veteran
As I'm sure you're aware, this is incredibly unlikely and improbable. You appear to have a penchant for bickering and hypothesising, go outside, it's a nice day.

Why on earth would he be "aware" of something that isn't remotely true.

There are many of us, probably millions, who kept religiously to lockdown social distancing recommendations, and didn't have ANY illnesses for over a year.

Neither my wife nor I had so much as a sniffle from April 2020 through until early 2022 - when we both caught colds from our grandsons when my daughter came to stay - thought that might be COVID, but both tested negative that time (and so did my daughter and her sons).

What he was taking abut was only improbable among people who either mixed with others (whether by choice or because their work required it), or have kids who had to go to school and mix with others.

Top Bottom