Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes to the bold bit because new variants can only establish by being more contagious than existing strains. Simple maths.

Not sure about the last bit. Alpha & Delta were both more virulent (lethal) than the Wuhan strain, so it's quite possible a future variant could be even worse.

Ah, well, so much for my attempt at optimism.

My understanding was that it's evolution: the more dangerous variants will die off because if the person with it doesn't pass it on then that variant will in turn die out, whereas variants that can transfer to a new host quickly, and also give themselves more time by being less dangerous to the host will survive longer., but then I'm the opposite of an expert and probably clutching at straws.

Tom...

Guru
What if you measure resting HR and HRV every single day. Let’s say you exercise every day or every other day and that includes heart rate and power data on the bike. Let’s include exercise that pushes you up to 90% or more of your max heart rate. You have a good understanding of your RPE and how that ties to your heart rate response and power output.

I would posit that you can’t have Covid-19 without it showing up in any of your daily data especially if you have a long and well established baseline.

Because you have absolutely zero symptoms or indication that anything is off, despite the long history of data from before and leading all the way through the pandemic. You haven’t been ill once , during the whole period.

Thats how you know it’s not a cold or flu because you’ve had nothing even close to those symptoms either, not a hint of it. You haven’t been ill once.

As I'm sure you're aware, this is incredibly unlikely and improbable. You appear to have a penchant for bickering and hypothesising, go outside, it's a nice day.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
As I'm sure you're aware, this is incredibly unlikely and improbable. You appear to have a penchant for bickering and hypothesising, go outside, it's a nice day.

No it’s not, it describes my situation. It’s entirely probable because it’s true, and this from n=1. There will be plenty of other examples out there. There’s nothing hypothetical about it. We haven’t all been falling ill these past 2.5 years.

edit - well it’s all true but I’ve also been testing reasonably regularly since kits became available. All tests negative.

Last edited:

Mo1959

Legendary Member
No it’s not, it describes my situation. It’s entirely probable because it’s true, and this from n=1. There will be plenty of other examples out there. There’s nothing hypothetical about it. We haven’t all been falling ill these past 2.5 years.

edit - well it’s all true but I’ve also been testing reasonably regularly since kits became available. All tests negative.

No Covid or flu vaccines and not as much as a sniffle for the last 3 years either so doubt very much I’ve had it unless I’ve been symptomless.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What if you were asymptomatic, like up to ~40% of people who've caught it?

You only test if you have symptoms…..and as i dont visit anyone, i work from home, i get my shopping delivered, then as per WELSH government guidelines, i have no need to take a test.

i hope that clears up, the same question you asked for a second time.

Tom...

Guru
You only test if you have symptoms…..and as i dont visit anyone, i work from home, i get my shopping delivered, then as per WELSH government guidelines, i have no need to take a test.

Only asked you once, will get you a calculator for Christmas :okay:

That's interesting. We had to test everyone at least every 2-3 days regardless of symptoms, when numbers were very high we had to test unvaccinated people every day. I'm not sure about the science with that last one to be honest; no-one ever explained why an unvaccinated person could be more likely to be an asymptomatic carrier, but there we go.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
That's interesting. We had to test everyone at least every 2-3 days regardless of symptoms, when numbers were very high we had to test unvaccinated people every day. I'm not sure about the science with that last one to be honest; no-one ever explained why an unvaccinated person could be more likely to be an asymptomatic carrier, but there we go.

Define we??? If your talking about your place of work, then i left my place of work on march 16th 2020 and have yet to this day returned. So they had no need to test me……i was working from home and still do.

i also work very closely with the welsh government and am very clear of what rules we had to adhere to.

Top Bottom