Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stowie

Legendary Member
Asda are only offering slots for the next two weeks, all of which are sold out for delivery to my patch.

I could check in a couple of days, when the availability of two more days will be shown.

Very likely they will be sold out as well, and who knows how long it will be before a slot is available?

It's a reasonable assumption I wouldn't want a food shop delivery more than two weeks away, so however you cut it online shopping with Asda is a non starter for the foreseeable future.

As a family we tend to shop regularly at local shops and then get the "big stuff" once a month or so online.

One thing I didn't think about (but is obvious in retrospect) is the massive increase in people shopping online. I don't think the lack of delivery slots is going to get better any time soon - the supermarkets simply cannot cater for such a sudden increase in online delivery demand.

We got a Sainsburys slot a week or so ago. It was all very exciting. We did our normal monthly online shop - around £120 - and waited for delivery. They turned up with a couple of bags and some freezer goods, pretty much everything except cleaning products was unavailable.

I really would like some prioritisation for people having to completely isolate, but cannot see how that could be managed, unfortunately.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
No symptoms in this household. Daily exercise felt fine. Maintaining social distancing.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
'Mr Nosey' was outside his door when i came back in the car from a food shop. I said hello to him. He didn't say hello back,but he did say 'that's the second time i've seen you out today. We're only supposed to go out once'! I corrected him telling him we're allowed exercise and to buy food,but he wasn't for listening. I think he'll be informing on me when this 'hotline number' is set up. :unsure:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've been washing my hands so often that I may soon need an industrial supply of moisturiser. Have clever people panic-bought and cleared the shelves yet?

If you lived in US of A you could get one of these:

View: https://www.amazon.com/BIOTONE-Advanced-Therapy-Lotion-Gallon/dp/B00OYFORME

Sorry, I know that this post is not much help to you but I am bored as everyone is behaving impeccably today and there's not much modding to do. :laugh:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Just got an email from work saying the company has updated the insurance to cover company cars being used by staff volunteering for the NHS and our Fuel Cards can be used to cover all fuel used.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've been washing my hands so often that I may soon need an industrial supply of moisturiser. Have clever people panic-bought and cleared the shelves yet?
They hadn't when panic buying was at its peak - I got some good Neutrogena stuff, 50% free too...should last ages, only need a tiny bit!

alicat

Legendary Member
'Mr Nosey' was outside his door when i came back in the car from a food shop. I said hello to him. He didn't say hello back,but he did say 'that's the second time i've seen you out today. We're only supposed to go out once'! I corrected him telling him we're allowed exercise and to buy food,but he wasn't for listening. I think he'll be informing on me when this 'hotline number' is set up. :unsure:

And they'll soon put him right if he does call the hotline. If you can, just smile like he's your best mate and say something innocuous like 'that's not quite what I read/heard' and go on your way. Adopt a 'water off a duck's back' attitude. Easier said than done, I know!

winjim

Smash the cistern
"Immune" normally means that you already have antibodies to the virus - that your immune system is already primed.

Nobody is "immune" in that sense by definition as the virus is novel to humans.

If, on the other hand, by "immune" you mean "not significantly affected by", then yes. All under 15s for starters.
All? Prove it.
We've got a big bottle of ZeroBase and one of EpaDerm left over from when the baby had a bit of eczema, so we're sorted.

Top Bottom