Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
And they'll soon put him right if he does call the hotline. If you can, just smile like he's your best mate and say something innocuous like 'that's not quite what I read/heard' and go on your way. Adopt a 'water off a duck's back' attitude. Easier said than done, I know!
He actually is a mate.:okay: He's usually ok,but he does tend to panic in times of crisis and go all authoritarian! When we had the long hot summer of 2018,he hinted at reporting me for using fresh tap water and not washing up water on my palm trees( he said that 'come October there won't be any water left and people will be fighting in the streets for a bucketful of the stuff'...then a few days later it pissed down for a month:laugh:) and he also said he wasn't happy that my mutt was in the sun,while me and other residents were outside having a little party/barbecue. I kept picking mutt up and putting him under an umbrella for shade,but he kept wandering back out into the sun.It wasn't like i'd locked him in a 50C heat car with the windows shut,but 'Mr Nosey' just had to voice his authoritarian opinion!:rolleyes: I don't want to fall out with him though,as him and his wife take parcels in for me,so from now on i'll just smile and act dumb/numb when he says something that annoys me.:smile:

Last edited:

alicat

Legendary Member
He actually is a mate.:okay: He's usually ok,but he does tend to panic in times of crisis and go all authoritarian! When we had the long hot summer of 2018,he hinted at reporting me for using fresh tap water and not washing up water on my palm trees and he also said he wasn't happy that my mutt was in the sun,while me and other residents were outside having a little party/barbecue. I kept picking mutt up and putting him under an umbrella for shade,but he kept wandering back out into the sun.It wasn't like i'd locked him in a 50C heat car with the windows shut,but 'Mr Nosey' just had to voice his authoritarian opinion!:rolleyes: I don't want to fall out with him though,as him and his wife take parcels in for me,so from now on i'll just smile and act dumb/numb when he says something that annoys me.:smile:

Good lad! I have to keep reminding myself that everybody is doing the best that they can in these crazy times. ^_^

postman

Legendary Member
Right starting tomorrow i will not be reading papers on the computer.I am sick of reading about the vile disturbed morons that walk this earth.Some of the things in this morning's papers.Tyres slashed cars vans set on fire Nhs staff, Police being spat at.The greed the selfishness appalls me.I don't need to read about it.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Right starting tomorrow i will not be reading papers on the computer.I am sick of reading about the vile disturbed morons that walk this earth.Some of the things in this morning's papers.Tyres slashed cars vans set on fire Nhs staff, Police being spat at.The greed the selfishness appalls me.I don't need to read about it.

Reactions: C R

All uphill

Still rolling along
Good decision @postman

Also, remember when you hear about a few nasty people they are just that, a few out of 60,000,000. There's an awful lot of good people out there who don't make the news.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
First time out this week since a short bike ride on Saturday. Very quiet, just a few couples walking and a couple of cyclists. The small Tesco and the Coop looked to be reasonably stocked and shoppers were standing well apart at the till.

What I don't get is all the photos of folk coming out of B and M and The Range with rugs, mirrors, and other unnecessary stuff. Surely these stores should be cordening off aisles and just selling food, medicines, and possibly hardwear/tools? It wouldn't be too hard to stop the till even recognising non food items.

stowie

Legendary Member

What papers were you reading? I have a couple I read daily and they haven't had too many stories about this sort of activity.

I am sure some of this is happening. It is inevitable because as you say some people are morons. This isn't a reflection on our society or our age - during the blitz looting and crime was rife, my great aunt recounted horrible stories of being bullied and shunned by children and even adults in the location were she was evacuated to during WWII as a child. There is a dark side to human nature.

Top Bottom