Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
What makes you think it isn't ?
You may well be proved right but what makes you say that?
Because the way we live means it's not, will it happen again, but when, IMO. Hopefully, we can learn lessons and put plans in place to lessen the impact in future but people are quick to forget. Maybe this will be a wakeup call, but if it is, shorter lockdowns might be a more common response to a threat. IANAE

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
and the wife just got her shielding letter.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Last week director of public prosecutions Max Hill warned the public that using Covid-19 as a threat against emergency workers would be treated as a crime that could lead to up to two years behind bars.

So supermarket staff are classed as key workers after all! I'm glad about that,with my ex missus being one! I noticed last night in the local Aldi that they now have 'anti coughing,gobbing up' screens to protect the check out staff. I'm now wondering how the law interprets deliberate coughing on key workers? For example i tend to cough quite a lot due to medical reasons. If say a copper or an ambulance worker was near to me and i just coughed without thinking. Would that be classed as assault?

Deliberately coughing at other key workers such as supermarket staff could be prosecuted as a common assault, which could mean up to six months in prison.

The crackdown follows numerous incidents of thugs targeting police and NHS workers with the sickening tactic.

Yesterday, a paramedic who was helping an unwell patient was coughed at by another man who was self-isolating inside a house in Stroud, Gloucestershire.

'The man, a 43-year-old, was arrested, charged and remanded for assaulting an emergency worker by way of coughing and threatening GBH by infecting with Covid-19,'............

Milzy

Guru
Furlough is great for now but when we go back the business still won't have many orders. Then maybe redundencies after all?
I'm sick of fools on Facebook saying it's a man-made virus too. :rolleyes:

Milzy

Guru
I'm wondering if there's humans who are immune. Not because they've had it before but just are naturally immune. How could you even find those people? :wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm wondering if there's humans who are immune. Not because they've had it before but just are naturally immune. How could you even find those people? :wacko:

That might be through testing for anti-bodies - there will be folk that are immune.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I'm wondering if there's humans who are immune.

"Immune" normally means that you already have antibodies to the virus - that your immune system is already primed.

Nobody is "immune" in that sense by definition as the virus is novel to humans.

If, on the other hand, by "immune" you mean "not significantly affected by", then yes. All under 15s for starters.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
"Immune" normally means that you already have antibodies to the virus - that your immune system is already primed.

Nobody is "immune" in that sense by definition as the virus is novel to humans.

If, on the other hand, by "immune" you mean "not significantly affected by", then yes. All under 15s for starters.

Nope youngsters are not immune, a 13 year old died this week in London

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...london-after-testing-positive-for-coronavirus

• Sad
Reactions: C R

stephec

Legendary Member
Asda are only offering slots for the next two weeks, all of which are sold out for delivery to my patch.

I could check in a couple of days, when the availability of two more days will be shown.

Very likely they will be sold out as well, and who knows how long it will be before a slot is available?

It's a reasonable assumption I wouldn't want a food shop delivery more than two weeks away, so however you cut it online shopping with Asda is a non starter for the foreseeable future.
I have been checking near me for an Asda delivery as well.

About half eleven last night I had the bright idea that slots might be released at midnight for two weeks time. Sure enough, at 00:03 I ended up in a queue until 00:30 when I finally got an option to search, all deliveries were already booked up but a shop near me had collection available on the 14th April.

We'll just have to see what I get when I turn up now.

Top Bottom