Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It would be cool if you could stick to the topic of thread. Or have you just come to derail it?

defending some one is not derailing the thread....the people making personal attacks are the ones doing that.

Ajax Bay

Guru
defending some one is not derailing the thread....the people making personal attacks are the ones doing that.
@jowwy I agree: all these randoms from @Milzy are irritating but they're more 'on topic' than RE experiences and other diversions.
I guess it's a judgement call whether to try to help @Milzy with some facts or to just leave his short posts out there to wither.
From OHID (at this time of year 2015-2019 =circa 10k per week; currently about 11.7kpw and excess %age across all ages):
1669034283213.png

Who statement on hybrid immunity, vaccine induced, infection induced.

https://www.who.int/news/item/01-06...nd-increasing-population-seroprevalence-rates

Of particular note in the Conclusion is the following: (my bolding)

Vaccination against COVID-19 reduces the risk of severe morbidity, and curtails the burden on health systems by protecting against hospitalization and death. Moreover, hybrid immunity confers improved protection compared to infection-induced immunity alone.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Who statement on hybrid immunity, vaccine induced, infection induced.

https://www.who.int/news/item/01-06...nd-increasing-population-seroprevalence-rates
Thank you: I've precised their conclusion:
Conclusion COVID-19 remains a severe threat . . .
  • Variant emergence > formidable challenges: immune evasion, increased transmissibility, or enhanced severity.
  • Evolution remains unpredictable.
  • Vaccination reduces the risk of severe illness and the burden on [NHS].
  • Hybrid (vax + infection) immunity is better than just infection-induced or vax-induced immunity alone.
  • Prioritize vax of individuals in the highest and high-risk groups, irrespective of their infection history: all healthcare [and social care] workers, immuno-compromised individuals, and older people.
  • Booster doses offer enhanced protection against Omicron.
@PK99 "Infection then 6 jabs means I should be OK...."
You need to get the Omicron infection special top-up, as infection with native, Alpha or Delta contributes less to the 'flat bar and city tyres' effect (and has waned anyways).

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
We (I) have @Milzy to thank for exposure to these facts. I liked this one:
"Australia is also suffering through an excess death apocalypse as fully injected residents are now dropping dead, seemingly without cause. In the year 2022 up through June 30, nearly 100,000 Aussies who fully took all the shots are now fully dead."
Facts:
1) 96% of Australians (O/16) have had at least two doses.
2) 171,469 deaths in 2021, so about 85k in 6 months (in 2021)
3) 93k deaths Jan-Jul 2022 - 17% above historical average. Deaths due to COVID-19 are running at about 1000 a month, vast majority vaccinated (see Fact (1) above). Two key causes for these excess deaths seem to be 'dementia' and diabetes.
4) 96% of these sadly dying (all causes) had "fully [taken] all the shots are now fully dead": about 89k (death rate of U/16 minimal).
4) I shall guess that the author of the 'shock apocalypse assertion' I quoted reckons 89k is "nearly 100,000".
John Campbell has just put out a video on this. Self pat on back for getting there 3 days before him (thanks to @Milzy 's poke)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqKZlDsesL4

classic33

Leg End Member

Ajax Bay

Guru
The answer to what? A bloke puts out 700+ videos (daily) and a very few get fact checked. Your link is from 3 months ago. I think for @roubaixtuesday to just tar him as 'unreliable' is harsh. Keep taking the Vitamin (not a vitamin) D.
Though he does seem to have got a bit more random of late (eg the one giving air time to the edge of spectrum MP). I occasionally listen to one, with a critical eye/ear.

The issue of excess deaths in many countries round the world is just that: an issue. The point Campbell sought to make is that excess death rates running at 15+% should be getting more media coverage and political attention.
In very rough figures (England) Apr-Oct the 2015-19 average weekly death rate is about 10kpw. In that 30 weeks there's been about 45k excess deaths of which about 15k have COVID-19 mentioned on the death certificate as either the primary or a secondary cause. So what about that other 30k? I guess you could say that that's not 'Coronavirus' and therefore off topic.

Conventional wisdom (which I believe though willing to listen to other views) is that it's a result of a combination of people not wanting to come forward till they thought hospitals and other NHS sites were 'safe' (Mar 2022-Feb 2022), or because they did not want to bother their doctor because other sicker people needed help more. And that has resulted in illnesses that in pre-pandemic times would have been diagnosed earlier and treated, have worsened with tragic, fatal effect.

classic33

Leg End Member
The answer to what? A bloke puts out 700+ videos (daily) and a very few get fact checked. Your link is from 3 months ago. I think for @roubaixtuesday to just tar him as 'unreliable' is harsh. Keep taking the Vitamin (not a vitamin) D.
Though he does seem to have got a bit more random of late (eg the one giving air time to the edge of spectrum MP). I occasionally listen to one, with a critical eye/ear.

The issue of excess deaths in many countries round the world is just that: an issue. The point Campbell sought to make is that excess death rates running at 15+% should be getting more media coverage and political attention.
In very rough figures (England) Apr-Oct the 2015-19 average weekly death rate is about 10kpw. In that 30 weeks there's been about 45k excess deaths of which about 15k have COVID-19 mentioned on the death certificate as either the primary or a secondary cause. So what about that other 30k? I guess you could say that that's not 'Coronavirus' and therefore off topic.

Conventional wisdom (which I believe though willing to listen to other views) is that it's a result of a combination of people not wanting to come forward till they thought hospitals and other NHS sites were 'safe' (Mar 2022-Feb 2022), or because they did not want to bother their doctor because other sicker people needed help more. And that has resulted in illnesses that in pre-pandemic times would have been diagnosed earlier and treated, have worsened with tragic, fatal effect.
After the YouTube videos, most of the results for that doctor were none to favourable.

I walked away out of the local A&E early last week, under my own steam, again one of the lucky ones. Others may not have been as lucky. Staff were dealing with worse than me. It's a view I've had for years, I'm one of the lucky ones when I get to leave under my own steam, within 24 hours of going in. A&E waiting times can be lengthy. Me, I'm waiting on the routine appointments starting up, and catching up with me.

If the keep taking the vitamin D was aimed at me, its in poor taste as far as I'm concerned.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
So, it's either the patients or the patients to blame, you think? No-one is dying due to the ambulance queues outside hospitals? Nothing to do with the starved-to-the-bone NHS suspending clinics for chronic illnesses and engaging in various tricks to reduce the numbers missing waiting time targets? The life-expired buildings with roofs held up pit props has no drawbacks for care? Much was postponed during covid and the rebuilding of buildings and workforce still hasn't started.

PK99

Legendary Member

And.... my experience is that for maybe 15 years I have been prone to chest infections (4/5 a year needing heavy-duty antibiotics), combined with other conditions these can be potentially life-threatening if they do not respond to my rescue pack of antibiotics.

From late 2019 to October this year I had ZERO chest infections. In October I had a nasty one that took a month and 14 days of Moxifloxacin to clear.
ie Covid Isolation protected me from infection risk, as soon as I started mixing normally , in particular taking a short haul cattle class flight, the normal exposure/infection pattern resumed.

There must (?) be some element of that in the current pattern. ie not directly covid related, but lockdown/isolation provided temporary protection from things other than covid.

Top Bottom