Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's been over for me for some time, although I'm still mindful it is still a serious concern for some.
Similar for myself, but there are some on here who still have to live with the effects. Especially when they have someone who is more at risk than they are.

Slick

Guru
Similar for myself, but there are some on here who still have to live with the effects. Especially when they have someone who is more at risk than they are.

Yeah, we do have to be mindful of anyone who has their own problems, and I suppose it still could bite you on the ass, but for me, its over.

I have changed some behaviors though. I can't fill fuel, or shake hands without reaching for the sanitiser. I can't believe I've turned into that guy.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Yeah, we do have to be mindful of anyone who has their own problems, and I suppose it still could bite you on the ass, but for me, its over.

I have changed some behaviors though. I can't fill fuel, or shake hands without reaching for the sanitiser. I can't believe I've turned into that guy.

Not really thought about it for maybe 18 months or so. Fully jabbed & boosted. Never had Covid to date. I am wary of keeping away from people who snuffle or cough in eg supermarkets etc.

PK99

Legendary Member
Wow, 7. Stopped at 3. But not at risk.

Leukaemia = immunocompromised = I'll take whatever they offer and live normally

markemark

Über Member
It is morphing into most other health care processes. Most people don’t care any more and it’s not relevant to them. To those that it matters to it is very relevant. Same as flu or STDs or being over weight or diabetes or infections or smoking or eating a poor diet or heart disease. Like so many other things most won’t care again until it directly affects them at which point they’ll be distraught wondering why they didn’t take it more seriously and wish they’d done things differently. We have a healthcare system that desperately tries to be preventative but mostly deals with issues that could have been prevented but wasn’t. It’s striking the right balance between not living in fear and taking reasonable preventative precautions. On the whole, this country is pretty bad at that hence the amount of healthcare taken up by poor lifestyle choices. Ask many of them and they’ll say they wish they’d done this or that. But do the rest listen? Nah.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I've had 5, and presume I will be getting another every autumn, just like flu jabs, as I am over 50.

Only if you are over 75 or have one of a long list of conditions which make you potentially vulnerable. I'm booked for mine on Saturday. I got three hits:

Previous heart attack
Epilepsy
Brain haemorrhage

In fact I'm fitter than our butcher's dog but I'm not turning it down. 👍

Never had Covid to date.
That's what you think.
It may well be that you've had it asymptomatically.
Unless you've been testing assiduously and every couple of days - certainly more often once week! - you may well have had it ... I was C19 +ve for maybe 48 -72 hrs back in March, which is documented here in the other Covid thread ...
I have three friends who have had it asymptomatically - one was tested prior to hospital admission for elective surgery, one tested as a polite and socially-responsible precaution before going on a family visit to someone who is severely immunocompromised and one tested after being exposed extensively to someone who, a couple of days later, became quite ill with C19. All three tested +ve and then waited for the symptoms to arrive - which they didn't.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I had no symptoms when I tested positive last summer, apart from feeling chilly on a hot day after riding to work and getting a bit sweaty. Lasted about 10 minutes.
Did a test just in case, because I was due to work in a hospital ward, rode back home, had a lovely week off in the sun without even a sniffle.
Kept testing positive for 10 days!

I had no symptoms when I tested positive last summer, apart from feeling chilly on a hot day after riding to work and getting a bit sweaty. Lasted about 10 minutes.
Did a test just in case, because I was due to work in a hospital ward, rode back home, had a lovely week off in the sun without even a sniffle.
Kept testing positive for 10 days!

If I hadn't been hyper-alert to any possible sign or symptom, due to being in a clinical trial, I wouldn't've 'caught' my C19 infection, even with weekly testing (part of the trial). I was -ve on the Wednesday on my weekly test, +ve on the Friday morning and evening (and assume I would have tested +ve at some time on the Thursday) and -ve again by Saturday ...

PaulSB

Legendary Member
That's what you think.
Unless you've been testing assiduously and every couple of days - certainly more often once week! - you may well have had it ... I was C19 +ve for maybe 48 -72 hrs back in March, which is documented here in the other Covid thread ...
I have three friends who have had it asymptomatically - one was tested prior to hospital admission for elective surgery, one tested as a polite and socially-responsible precaution before going on a family visit to someone who is severely immunocompromised and one tested after being exposed extensively to someone who, a couple of days later, became quite ill with C19. All three tested +ve and then waited for the symptoms to arrive - which they didn't.

Very much mirrors my situation. I've had Covid three times but only tested because of prolonged close exposure and on twp orher occasions feeling a bit off colour, nothing more than a runny nose and 12 hour sore throat but the situation demanded I test and was positive each time.

My wife was negative each time despite sharing a bed for 2-3 nights prior to my +ve tests. She was though extremely ill with all the symptoms in late December '19/early January '20 and not fully recovered till May '20. In 45 years I have never seen her so poorly. She, a retired health professional, our practice nurse and GP all think she had Covid but with no diagnosis.

I think it would be unlikely to find anyone who hasn't been infected in some way.

Top Bottom