Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not opening another thread on CV19, so I'll post here.

Anyone's GP practice insisting on face masks still. Just phoned them as apparently one of my medications is no-longer available (been waiting a month for it so far). Anyway, the messages on the 'queue' system all say due to outbreaks, they are insisting on patient's wearing masks. Fark that. I'm due a blood test soon, but they can bugger off, I've got important stuff to do soon, and am not putting foot in there if they still have infected patients in there.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Anyone's GP practice insisting on face masks still. Just phoned them as apparently one of my medications is no-longer available (been waiting a month for it so far). Anyway, the messages on the 'queue' system all say due to outbreaks, they are insisting on patient's wearing masks. Fark that. I'm due a blood test soon, but they can bugger off, I've got important stuff to do soon, and am not putting foot in there if they still have infected patients in there.

Ours still does.

I'd forgotten about covid threads...

markemark

Über Member
There's an awful lot of legacy covid content out there - signs, recorded messages, automated emails. I doubt much of it is still valid and has just either been forgotten about or nobody has bothered to change it.

Alex321

Veteran

Doctors surgeries always have infected patients there, given that most people only tend to go to the doctor when they are ill.

Asking people to wear facemasks does not increase the likelihood of that one iota. It does reduce the chance of them passing on whatever (airborne transmitted) infection they may have to you.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Well I'm late to the party, I've just copped my first covid infection. Went out Sunday night to a garden restaurant, on monday I felt very throaty and like I had been smoking, which I don't. Tested negative monday, today we were going for our spanish lesson so I did another and yes, a positive result and as the day went on it got worse although after some paracetamol I feel a little better, Iwas given that Dolquine but decided not to take it. What is the average time for feeling like shoot? I'm a real coward with health.

We're hitting the 40s this week.

Seevio

Guru
What is the average time for feeling like shoot? I'm a real coward with health.
Dunno about average but from memory I felt like "shoot" for about 4 or 5 days. But Jesus Christ, the coughing...

Ajax Bay

Guru
I've been in and out of hospital wards (driver then visitor) over the last week. Almost no masks in sight. Plenty of 'old' notices on walls etc being given a good ignoring. Is flu transmitted by an airborne virus too? The same regime we, as a community, followed pre-2020 is a sensible, proportionate way ahead. Hopefully our experience of the pandemic will make us more aware of sensible hygienic precautions for everyday life.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I only had it last year this time; my throat felt like I'd drank bleach. Lasted for a good 7 days but obviously everyone is different. Who's to say I've not had it again since but with no symptoms. My throat is always a weak spot though, but the pain from that radiates and makes you feel genuinely rubbish. I have noticed that the supermarkets have hand sanitiser outside still, but I seem to be the only one using them

There's an awful lot of legacy covid content out there - signs, recorded messages, automated emails. I doubt much of it is still valid and has just either been forgotten about or nobody has bothered to change it.

Oh yeah loads, my Lidl has only just taken down the screens at the checkouts. I still see lots of '2 metre signs' as well, this one on a greenway has been there that long it made it onto Google maps!

2-metres.png

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
1689239930028.png

And this one near me, on the corner of a junction ??

Julia9054

Guru
Dunno about average but from memory I felt like "shoot" for about 4 or 5 days. But Jesus Christ, the coughing...

And yet I didn't cough at all. Weird how it affects everyone differently.
My symptoms were headache, hayfever- like symptoms and tiredness. Not all at the same time, it kind of cycled round. I've had worse colds although the tiredness dragged on for about 3 weeks which was annoying.

Top Bottom