Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Handlebar Moustache

So, back to the thread: Calderwood has resigned. Inevitable.

Not sure how to feel about that. Obviously she was v.silly and hypocritical but if her expertise is needed surely that is more important? I imagine she’ll still be kept in a less senior backroom role?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Start with the most egregious and then see whether the rest of the cabinet start to take notice. Then pick the next big liar.

As to my humanity, ethical democracy is more important to me than the self-important people who make a mockery of it.

Your quest for justice in this matter matter would me more impressive were it not motivated by party political point scoring.

Or does 'ethical democracy' only apply to those you say it does?

MarkF

Guru
Yep if you’re ill enough to reach hospital your odds are not good.

I think it's needing a ventilator in ICU where your chances are low.

More data is released each day now, I'll post some tomorrow. Given it's ultra densely populated area, with it's multi generational housing, l'd guess only a small % of people who think they are infected, or are infected, would actually want/choose to go to the hospital right now.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Interesting decision by Sturgeon to stand by the doctor when she must have known resignation was close to inevitable.

Sturgeon is a skilled political tactician so may have thought her display of loyalty was the best way to limit the damage to her government.

Either that, or she is so arrogant and conceited she genuinely thought her intervention would be enough to sway the public mood.

Stephenite

Membå
Sweden likely to ramp up restrictions in the next few days. Probably for the best as they have three times the death rate (per million pop) as neighbours Norway.

This is good timing being right before the Easter break. There are thousands of young swedes working in and around Oslo. I know of one, otherwise sensible, lass who is planning on sneaking in and out to avoid the quarantine period.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Interesting decision by Sturgeon to stand by the doctor when she must have known resignation was close to inevitable.

Sturgeon is a skilled political tactician so may have thought her display of loyalty was the best way to limit the damage to her government.

Either that, or she is so arrogant and conceited she genuinely thought her intervention would be enough to sway the public mood.

Apparently she offered to resign but it was refused initially because she is very good at her job.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Belgian (rtbf) news: more discharged than admitted for the first time during crisis, questions over the end of the uni year, surge in bbqs this weekend, Burundi prevents dual nationals leaving on repatriation flights (pic) amid concerns that this is a move to ensure help with c19 which their president currently says the grace of god protects them from, report on poorly-equipped hospitals in Ukraine (pic), preview of the Tour of Flanders (pic)

Attachments

• screenshot_2020-04-05_21-58-57.jpg
    screenshot_2020-04-05_21-58-57.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2
  • screenshot_2020-04-05_21-59-25.jpg
    screenshot_2020-04-05_21-59-25.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 2
  • screenshot_2020-04-05_21-52-46.jpg
    screenshot_2020-04-05_21-52-46.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom