Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Test and trace.

This means you should stay at home and not leave it for any reason - including leaving the house to buy food or medicine. Instead, you should order these online or by phone or ask someone to deliver them to your home.

People not already ordering on-line are not going to be able to queue jump and get food orders. Who is going to deliver to your home lol, most people don't have servants like Matt and Boris.

Reactions: mjr

midlife

Guru
Staff on Covid Hot wards might be tested but no other staff at our place. Only tested if symptomatic. Not allowed to book k a test outside the hospital as all testing goes through occupational health.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
That's happening in hospitals and has done for ages. Granted I live near a set of hospitals with a large testing capacity. The respiratory ward my father was on the staff had been tested multiple times.
Whereas I don't think my relative who works at Weston general was tested before this week because she's not treating c19 patients and even now, aren't they only testing for current infection not antibodies?

BTW, that hospital building is awful in my experience as patient and visitor over many years. It's a typical late twentieth century cross between an office block (floor tiles, ceiling tiles, headache-inducing fluorescent light squares, ...) and a greenhouse (glass atrium, half-glazed porches, ...). Modern buildings like at Cambridge or Norwich make it look very poor but I guess that's the standard of hospital a town with loads of retirement homes and rehabs gets lumbered with :cursing:

marinyork

Staff on Covid Hot wards might be tested but no other staff at our place. Only tested if symptomatic. Not allowed to book k a test outside the hospital as all testing goes through occupational health.

That sounds bad.

Well let's hope the newer tests being trialled the antibody test and saliva test pass the trials and a bit more of capacity is freed up.

marinyork

Whereas I don't think my relative who works at Weston general was tested before this week because she's not treating c19 patients and even now, aren't they only testing for current infection not antibodies?

They have bought all these antibody tests to apparently use on NHS staff. One quote said next week, but well we'll see...

See you same time next werk?

• Sad
Reactions: mjr

BTW, that hospital building is awful in my experience as patient and visitor over many years. It's a typical late twentieth century cross between an office block (floor tiles, ceiling tiles, headache-inducing fluorescent light squares, ...) and a greenhouse (glass atrium, half-glazed porches, ...). Modern buildings like at Cambridge or Norwich make it look very poor but I guess that's the standard of hospital a town with loads of retirement homes and rehabs gets lumbered with :cursing:
And no A + E . It's going to get worse here I fear. The beach was packed out last w/e with people from all over, including from Wales. Clevedon marine lake was the same. No attempts at social distancing at all in most cases.

marinyork

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works

Test and trace guidelines.

Totally different rules if you are the suspected first node in the graph :wacko:.

If you are the first node, you and your family can do what you want if you test negative. If you are the second node you cannot leave even if you test negative, however if you have a test and test positive you can leave isolation in some cases before than if you test negative!!!!

If you are the second node and don't show or declare symptoms the rest of the household can go about things normally.

If the testing and trace system is very slow then there may not be much practical difference between the above.

BBC news said this morning that a chaotic system in crowded workplaces or communicated could mean 14 days isolation, two days back and another 14 days as it slowly tracked around the workplace.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Locally the police have failed to stop gatherings, parties, etc. for the past 9 weeks. How are they expected to deal with this when they couldn't cope with the numbers they could monitor visibly?

'Stay in for 14 days' = "I don't care" to many I'm afraid.

Milzy

Guru
Oh look, track and trace is a go. Back to school kids!

No thanks Dom, I'll keep shielding with my Yr 1 and wait for the second wave and the second (harsher) lockdown.
There's all this talk of a second wave. I don't think it will be. Many countries are back to almost fully normal doing fine although it seems strange. Looks like we've become experts in stopping highly contagious diseases already.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
There's all this talk of a second wave. I don't think it will be. Many countries are back to almost fully normal doing fine although it seems strange. Looks like we've become experts in stopping highly contagious diseases already.
It's worth having a look at what's happening in South Korea.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
There's all this talk of a second wave. I don't think it will be.
A staff nurse I know said they had had meetings and predict another peak in June, then November. Not sure where they get the data from. I think we will still get a few peaks in the months to come, hopefully nothing like the first though.

Milzy

Guru
A staff nurse I know said they had had meetings and predict another peak in June, then November. Not sure where they get the data from. I think we will still get a few peaks in the months to come, hopefully nothing like the first though.
I'm still Furloughed. It would be most frustrating to go back next week and then be sent home again. Not realistic IMHO.

Top Bottom