Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
And what happens if you're told to self-isolate but you feel a pressing need to load the family in the car and drive to a secluded cottage?

I think if someone is deemed high risk they should be tested even without symptoms. That seems fecking ridiculous when a lot more tests are available than March and April. Otherwise it is in people's interest to say they have symptoms anyway. Someone could repeatedly be asked to isolate either because they haven't had the virus or have already had it and been asymptomatic.

The tracers are supposedly going to check up on people but with those arriving from other countries having to be checked up on too this may be far too large a task.

marinyork

Another slightly bizarre and worrying story that needs scrutiny

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...d-asthma-patients-they-are-off-shielding-list

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I cannot see this track and trace scheme being anything but an abject failure. It relies heavily on trust in the government, and that was shot to bits over the bank holiday
Indeed. The previously-linked Sheffield test suggests that Brits don't trust actual medics phoning up and telling them they need to quarantine themselves, so what chance do hired script-readers in gov.uk call-centres have?

I fear the only way to make this stick would be to activate quarantine orders and their legal penalties, but that would obviously inspire more tough questions about Cummings.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

marinyork

As in tomorrow (in which case why not say "tomorrow"?), or next Thursday, or wasn't Boris that specific about which Thursday? :wacko:

Why so few? That seems much lower than how track-and-trace has been praised for limiting outbreaks elsewhere.

I did wonder myself when it was first announced as next thu is 4th June rather than in May.

As for the low rate, I didn't see all of Boris or Matt earlier so I don't know, but they probably didn't say either. They was a plea from Hancock to stay in and do your civic duty.

midlife

Guru
Not sure how many people would like to take 2 weeks leave or 2 weeks unpaid on the say so of a contract tracer? Whole system doesn't seem to have teeth?

marinyork

Not sure how many people would like to take 2 weeks leave or 2 weeks unpaid on the say so of a contract tracer? Whole system doesn't seem to have teeth?

Or have it happen two, three, of four times. If you aren't tested then there's a good chance you'll never know.

midlife

Guru
Might be an idea to test hospital staff even if asymptomatic , lots of people worried they might catch it and are staying at home getting Very poorly!

marinyork

Might be an idea to test hospital staff even if asymptomatic , lots of people worried they might catch it and are staying at home getting Very poorly!

That's happening in hospitals and has done for ages. Granted I live near a set of hospitals with a large testing capacity. The respiratory ward my father was on the staff had been tested multiple times.

Top Bottom