Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
It does have to be said it's in a venue's interest to encourage use of the app, or even go further and say only the app (even though they shouldn't). It saves sharing pens, paper, storage space and other things.

Places are checking things.
It is the best option we just have to be careful we don’t reach a point of limiting things to the ones who can and excluding ones who are trying to do and willing to do the right things but can’t as they don’t have the means.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It doesn't seem very difficult, does it?? Counting 15 or 30 would be trickier, but counting a group of 6!!!

A lot of groups arrive at different times. Before you would see 4 people joined by another 2, joined by another 1 and another 2 later. This is still going on. Also people going and then moving tables.

I have joined someone at the pub and got asked how many people were in the group (2) and had exactly the same when moving table to check not joining a group of six.

tom73

Guru
A lot of groups arrive at different times. Before you would see 4 people joined by another 2, joined by another 1 and another 2 later. This is still going on. Also people going and then moving tables.

I have joined someone at the pub and got asked how many people were in the group (2) and had exactly the same when moving table to check not joining a group of six.
Amazing what happens when you tell them enrofoce the rules or it’s 10 grand. We could have save so much of this messing around mouths ago.

Sorry I cannot give any reasonable answer. The Herald is not necessarily a reliable source of information but the link says the page has gone anyway. I have not heard of any particular problems but if there were the BBC would have a major feature of it at regular intervals.
Nicola Sturgeon is the front for the Scottish Government but the media seem to slant everything as though she was doing everything herself.
That's the way she seems to want to portray it. Does she do all the Covid briefings or does she delegate some of them to ministers? I don't know how selective the tv channels outside Scotland are but they only seem to show her.

midlife

Guru
Had the app working on my phone for the first full day. Battery currently at 7% from 100% at 8am. usually at about 70% this time of day, not done anything different apart from the app.....

midlife

Guru
Leaving aside the tragedy that happened, is this allowed at the moment with social distancing and rule of six?

0_embedded255735820.jpg

tom73

Guru
I feel that some of the stuff being implemented now including inspections and advice would have made a difference over what's now nearly four months since things reopened.
Totally the it’s recommend idea was never going to work. Some of the stuff in general that’s in place now would have saved a good few lives too if implemented 6 months ago.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
That's the way she seems to want to portray it. Does she do all the Covid briefings or does she delegate some of them to ministers? I don't know how selective the tv channels outside Scotland are but they only seem to show her.
There are two other people there depending on current circumstances. The Medical Officer and the Chief Constable mostly but often some other expert. They all add their bit.
At least she is there as First Minister unlike other countries where the head is off on holiday or something and some incoherent junior is delegated to answer questions where he clearly does not know the answer.
While I am ambivalent about Ms Sturgeon in some respects at least she gets on with the job and I cannot understand this unreasoning hatred of her. Is it fear that she seems capable and comes across as a coherent and capable leader?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
You keep on repeating that having caught it, you'd be immune from catching it again. Care to back that bit up. To date there's no proof that that is true, just hearsay.

The 2019/2020 flu season was on course to be a real shocker, but tailed off dramatically with social distancing. Some of the people reporting really bad illnesses in December and January almost certainly had flu. Although there is some small evidence the virus may have arrived here in December in tiny numbers. It was here it January but probably not circulating widely.

Evidence suggests the city of Manaus in Brazil was the 2nd worst place on earth for covid-19. There is a non-peer reviewed paper that with a bit of bodgery reckons 66% of the population have had this coronavirus. It then analyses whether herd immunity explains the drops in infections. Cases have started to rise again though, leading to speculation outside those writing the paper whether this is just showing that immunity is only for 3 months. 66% is about ten times higher a proportion than in the UK.

Top Bottom