Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
This is absolute BS - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54289152

Spyware that takes photos of you from your laptop to prove you're working. They can get that right in the sea.

I'm a salesman and I've worked for a few companies over the years. Without exception, every company that brought in some kind of monitoring system for field sales saw an increase in staff turnover and lower sales figures. I've seen trackers in cars, log in required at certain times, obsessive CRM systems (Call Record Management) that mean the staff spend more time completing CRM tasks than they do facing the customer!

If we're going to have more working from home then they'll have to put a stop to crap like this from creeps like the boss in the article.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Anyone care to attempt to translate this nonsense?
Clear messaging and common sense.

View: https://youtu.be/IhNFNPI6iIQ

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The BBC are reporting that the north east has harsher measures because there is less resistance from the local councils and are game for harder measures. It's sad as it's a demonstration of the politics of it all.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Do you honestly believe that ? Mate at work was in Newcastle last month and he said it was absolutely nuts. Booked a table at the local spoons in the city centre and it was heaving !! Had to just forget it

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Do you honestly believe that ? Mate at work was in Newcastle last month and he said it was absolutely nuts. Booked a table at the local spoons in the city centre and it was heaving !! Had to just forget it

Yes. The numbers in some parts of the north west are worse than the north east.

London's figures are very low compared to around here and I hear of pressure to bring in restrictions sooner rather than later.

tom73

Guru
Anyone care to attempt to translate this nonsense?
Clear messaging and common sense.

View: https://youtu.be/IhNFNPI6iIQ

He "misspoke" apparently
We have a yet another treat he's to hold a press conference on Wednesday afternoon to update the public on the coronavirus crisis, but Downing Street said it was not intended to give a "specific set of new announcements".
Nothing new in that then if only we did have specifics we'd stand a change of fixing this mess.

cambsno

We have to see past distancing when eating indoors you can have all the spaced out tables you want. But how many have air con that just pusher the air round and round. We have well documented cases of outbreak all down to air con and poor ventilation. At the time of eat out to help out we had no way near the right enforcement of measures in place many placers as now just gave it lip service. Also universal mask use inside restaurants was every hit and miss only now has it been made a requirement.
Which ever way you look at eating in doors is a risk and should be limited it was pretty fool hardy back then to encourage it given testing and contact tracing was just not up to job never mind anything else.

I mean, we could have just let thousands of businesses and hundreds of thousands of jobs go to the wall instead!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well that's North Wales in financial ruin. Better go collect the bikes from our caravan tomorrow. Businesses were far better organised down there than in Manchester. Haven't gone out at home, only at selected places in N Wales.

:ohmy:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I mean, we could have just let thousands of businesses and hundreds of thousands of jobs go to the wall instead!
Better that than even more go to the wall later, surely? It annoys me that this is still being portrayed as a choice between health and wealth. If we screw up the health, it'll consume so much wealth it'll dwarf the costs of protecting health early.

Top Bottom