Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
The likelihood is yes, you'll have to self-isolate. How this will be monitored I haven't a clue at this stage. To date cafes have been take-out only, although that has simply meant tables / areas outside.

It'd be the same if you're on a club ride and one of the members riding has symptoms.

The only difference compared to March is there's now the facilities; the Nightingale's are there in statis. New staff are trained. Other, unannounced, facilities have been developed. For example SWMBO's Covid-19 rehab facility currently has 12 patients in. In March they had space for up to 16, but they were all occupied by patients with stroke/other disorders. Now there's space for 40 with 9 Covid-19 rehab in there already and only 3 for non-Covid rehab. The youngest is only 26.

The 'lockdown', which in many cases near me never actually happened, wasn't about removing this virus. It was about gaining time to build capacity to treat patients. Like others have put above I live in an ethnic minority town where cases are high. No meeting together? That's just been ignored by many. No hairdressers / places of worship open? Again ignored.

Do you know what's the word on the current capacity at the Mary Seacole rehab centre ? It's all gone quiet in the mainstream media and government never talks about it either.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
The government is not learning.

First peak: much worse because of dithering pre lockdown.

Leicester outbreak: much worse because of dithering pre lockdown.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...087cbba797e485#block-5efaf81a8f087cbba797e485

We desperately need a serious government.

Less pressups. Less braggadocio. More decisiveness. Better organisation. Take the virus seriously.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Do you know what's the word on the current capacity at the Mary Seacole rehab centre ? It's all gone quiet in the mainstream media and government never talks about it either.

No detailed information I'm afraid - SWMBO's in conversation with their Dietitian but I only get anecdotal knowledge so won't share it here.

All the brouhaha about success and easing restrictions hides a detailed set of preparations for many, many more seriously ill underneath.

Last edited:

tom73

Guru
is that the one that just shortens the time you have it by 4 days and not a cure ?
No it's more like the one that's likely to get you before covid has a chance.

I would suggest the lower population density would be a factor.
Putting my head over the parapet, I would suggest there’s been a far greater public compliance with govt advice here than down south. Yes there’s been the odd photo of Loch Lomond/Portobello/city centre parks but those haven’t been anything like the scale of the south coast beaches, the city centre raves, the huge protest marches that have been shown from England.
I suggest that the Scottish public have been buying in to Sturgeon’s message far more strongly than the English public have been buying into that of Boris. There’s been widespread comment that Sturgeon’s message has been clearer. Also, Sturgeon is seen as championing the cause of the Scottish people, most Scots see her as one of their own so are more likely to comply with her directions. Most English do not see Boris as one of their own.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll find public co-operation has varied. It's been mainly good in South and East Manchester, with little pockets of those that couldn't give a monkey. Apparently the city centre is back to normal levels of people.

Top Bottom