Coronavirus outbreak

Flick of the Elbow

from 1970’s Birmingham
I would suggest the lower population density would be a factor.
Putting my head over the parapet, I would suggest there’s been a far greater public compliance with govt advice here than down south. Yes there’s been the odd photo of Loch Lomond/Portobello/city centre parks but those haven’t been anything like the scale of the south coast beaches, the city centre raves, the huge protest marches that have been shown from England.
I suggest that the Scottish public have been buying in to Sturgeon’s message far more strongly than the English public have been buying into that of Boris. There’s been widespread comment that Sturgeon’s message has been clearer. Also, Sturgeon is seen as championing the cause of the Scottish people, most Scots see her as one of their own so are more likely to comply with her directions. Most English do not see Boris as one of their own.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll find public co-operation has varied. It's been mainly good in South and East Manchester, with little pockets of those that couldn't give a monkey. Apparently the city centre is back to normal levels of people.

tom73

Veteran
The US look to be going from bad to worse at an alarming rate. They are now talking about if things don't improve soon. Daily cases may hit 100,000 a day.

brodiej

Über Member
View: https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1277960112691273728?s=19

Interesting thread here about the Government not publishing Pillar 2 data

Pillar 1 are cases in health care workers and hospital. Pillar 2 are everyone else and account for over 80% of cases but the Government refuses to publish this.

Here are the graphs for Leicester showing why they have a problem.

IMG_20200701_082241.png

IMG_20200701_082252.png

Apparently it was a ministerial decision to hide the figures.
It's crazy and makes it so hard to make informed decisions as an individual. Should I send my kids back to school? It depends on the prevalence of the virus in the local community but we don't know that!!

tom73

Veteran
Leicester appear to have only got detailed information on Thursday so that was pointless for them act quick. It's taken 10 day's for Matt to do anything. Even though Leicester equalled 10 % of national cases and hospital admissions went though the roof.
Meanwhile last week Australia had an outbreak of just 44 cases in one state overnight 43 in one area. Went in full on and contained it.
Come the 4th we still don't have a hope of controlling any of this. Even many of pubs and shops locally that are saying they are opening.
In interviews clearly don't have a clue what they are doing. Having looked up the data locally it's alarming even now. Think I better stock up ready a lockdown. :sad:

midlife

Guru
View: https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1277960112691273728?s=19

Interesting thread here about the Government not publishing Pillar 2 data

Pillar 1 are cases in health care workers and hospital. Pillar 2 are everyone else and account for over 80% of cases but the Government refuses to publish this.

Here are the graphs for Leicester showing why they have a problem.

View attachment 533502

View attachment 533503

Apparently it was a ministerial decision to hide the figures.
It's crazy and makes it so hard to make informed decisions as an individual. Should I send my kids back to school? It depends on the prevalence of the virus in the local community but we don't know that!!
I wonder if there's any way of finding out the pillar 2 data for the rest of the country ?

Top Bottom