Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
The US look to be going from bad to worse at an alarming rate. They are now talking about if things don't improve soon. Daily cases may hit 100,000 a day.

It’s clear that the virus is still insufficiently controlled across large parts of England.
42235C89-33F6-48ED-BE1E-EFA092B4A3D3.png

Now is not the time for residents of England to be allowed unfettered access to the length and breadth of their neighbouring counties.

brodiej

Veteran

View: https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1277960112691273728?s=19

Interesting thread here about the Government not publishing Pillar 2 data

Pillar 1 are cases in health care workers and hospital. Pillar 2 are everyone else and account for over 80% of cases but the Government refuses to publish this.

Here are the graphs for Leicester showing why they have a problem.

IMG_20200701_082241.png

IMG_20200701_082252.png

Apparently it was a ministerial decision to hide the figures.
It's crazy and makes it so hard to make informed decisions as an individual. Should I send my kids back to school? It depends on the prevalence of the virus in the local community but we don't know that!!

tom73

Guru
Leicester appear to have only got detailed information on Thursday so that was pointless for them act quick. It's taken 10 day's for Matt to do anything. Even though Leicester equalled 10 % of national cases and hospital admissions went though the roof.
Meanwhile last week Australia had an outbreak of just 44 cases in one state overnight 43 in one area. Went in full on and contained it.
Come the 4th we still don't have a hope of controlling any of this. Even many of pubs and shops locally that are saying they are opening.
In interviews clearly don't have a clue what they are doing. Having looked up the data locally it's alarming even now. Think I better stock up ready a lockdown. :sad:

midlife

Guru

View: https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1277960112691273728?s=19

Interesting thread here about the Government not publishing Pillar 2 data

Pillar 1 are cases in health care workers and hospital. Pillar 2 are everyone else and account for over 80% of cases but the Government refuses to publish this.

Here are the graphs for Leicester showing why they have a problem.

View attachment 533502

View attachment 533503

Apparently it was a ministerial decision to hide the figures.
It's crazy and makes it so hard to make informed decisions as an individual. Should I send my kids back to school? It depends on the prevalence of the virus in the local community but we don't know that!!

I wonder if there's any way of finding out the pillar 2 data for the rest of the country ?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
is that the one that just shortens the time you have it by 4 days and not a cure ?
I think you may be thinking of Remdesivir, the one the US has just cornered all the available stock of.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
The govt is not learning 2/n

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/globalhlthtwit/status/1278273370312900609?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

We have a higher rate of transmission than successful countries when they relaxed lock downs.

We have measures currently delivering a rate of transmission barely dropping and in some areas actually rising.

Our replacement for these measures is a track and trace system which is patently nowhere near effective enough to make an impact.

Our conclusion: we should significantly relax social distancing. We should not impose other measures such as mask wearing.

I fear we will rapidly go in the wrong direction. Potential very rapidly.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
It’s clear that the virus is still insufficiently controlled across large parts of England.
View attachment 533501

Now is not the time for residents of England to be allowed unfettered access to the length and breadth of their neighbouring countries.
As a Leicester Resident I for one won't be rushing to the Pub/Shop for the foreseeable. :angel:

tom73

Guru
If we don't get a grip of the figures how to use them and who need's them at time they need them. Get testing options and availably better at a ground level. Get the turn around and results better joined up. Underlined with effective tracking and clear simple not conflicting public health messages. All sorted my the autumn which is quickly coming down the line then we are toast.

Top Bottom