Votes: 1 1.4%
  • £50.00

• £60.00

• Or more.

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
What do you pay a year?
Do you think it is expensive
Not interested if you do not ride with a club.
I do ride with a club, but cannot justify paying £60.00 a year,

Last edited:

crazyjoe101

I voted £10 because it's closer to the £12.50 per year membership. I don't count the money I spend on BC each year because it's not compulsory. I'd not pay more than about £20 for normal club membership.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
£25 quid (and a quid off for paying via standing order), which in the grand scheme of things is good value (I think). 60 quid sounds a bit pricey. Out of curiosity I just googled for 3 other well known local clubs and found 25, 30 and a 50 (cough* Dynamo). So 20-30 sounds about right.

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I voted £10 because it's closest to zero which technically is the pay rate. Our group just passes the hat around for donations when needed to pay for affiliations or stationery or events, which seems the fairest way as we serve an area with a big difference between richest and poorest. CTC (£21.50 to £43) and BC (£20 to £70) don't seem to care about such things and make people pay by what they do, not what they can afford. Many of our group volunteer stonking amounts of time to support it, too.

robgul

Legendary Member
We have set the membership of the new Heart of England Cycling Club (the successor to the now dissolved CTC Heart of England MG) as £1 until 31 December 2016 ... and it's unlikely we'll increase it - running costs are minimal and we run a couple of big events (with the surplus going to charity) Members need to "prove" TP insurance - either by CTC Full or Affilate membership - or their own other TP (most household policies have cover)

I didn't vote as the base line is 10x what we pay

Rob

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Mine, Chorley Cycling Club, is £20 for which members get individual credit card style membership card, 5-10% (often more on a bike) discount at Merlin (our kit sponsor), at least one subsidised social event.

Funds are used to sponsor club riders in events, this year provide gazebo for riders at events and buy some training equipment for the juniors.

It's been £15 for three years but increased to £20 for 2016.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
£14 to join EWCC. But I spend rather a lot on membership of CTC, BC, and AUK. I should really also join the 24hr Fellowship and the VTTA. But at least the Exeter Wednesday Pubrunners is free.

G3CWI

Veteran
Ours is £12. I did wonder what it was used for so I went to the AGM hoping to see the accounts. Sadly none were presented. 2hrs 23mins that I could have spent more productively.

Top Bottom