Costa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
Why would anyone queue for hours to buy a coffee Fromm this outlet I don’t particularly like there coffee nor do I like take away coffee in waxed cups.

If people want coffee on there way to work or on longer journey why not take a flask or one of those travel mugs. Some of the instant coffees are quite good.Buy a cafeteria either buy pre ground or find a store that will grind coffee

I use both a cafetetiere want to take a flask of coffee out with me and I use a basic coffee machine at home

Sod queueing even for ten minutes for an insipid cup of inferior coffee

I should poin out I do like my coffee strong and partial to a espresso

Each to their own I suppose

Last edited:

si_c

Guru
:popcorn:

vickster

Legendary Member
Why would anyone queue for hours to buy a coffee Fromm this outlet I don’t particularly like there coffee nor do I like take away coffee in waxed cups.

If people want coffee on there way to work or on longer journey why not take a flask or one of those travel mugs. Some of the instant coffees are quite good.Buy a cafeteria either buy pre ground or find a store that will grind coffee

I use both a cafeteria if I want to take a flask of coffee out with me and I use a basic coffee machine at home

Sod queueing even for ten minutes for an insipid cup of inferior coffee

I should poin out I do like my coffee strong and partial to a espresso

Each to their own I suppose
Buying a whole cafeteria to make a cup of coffee might be a little OTT :whistle:
Perhaps you mean a cafetière? ;)

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
No idea either, but people were social distance queueing outside one our local convenience shops this morning to get a Costa from one of their self serve machines. I guess they must be like the folk on EastEnders and not own a kettle:laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
Slimy with their tax affairs (although not in the same league as Starbucks for such creativity eith their books), poor wages, questionable environmental credentials, and it doesn't taste all that great anyway.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Slimy with their tax affairs (although not in the same league as Starbucks for such creativity eith their books), poor wages, questionable environmental credentials, and it doesn't taste all that great anyway.

But it tells the world you're upwardly mobile. Just need a leather Filofax iPad/Laptop to go with it.

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Aeropress.

That is all.

bruce1530

Guru
... and also one of the conman’s “tools of choice” when trying to gain entrance to offices in the city.

Walk into the foyer, carrying 2 large coffees:

1. You’ve got 2, so you’re obviously meeting someone. You’re supposed to be here. People don’t see a stranger, they see someone who’s on their way to a meeting.
2. Hold them together, in front of your chest, cos that’s how you carry 2 large coffees. Quite convenient that it hides your fake ID badge, which is on a lanyard round your neck.
3. You’re carrying 2 large coffees. People will hold doors open without you even asking....

4. And if you do get challenged, accidentally spill the coffee over them and make your exit....

Costa makes acceptable coffee, I moved to them after disavowing Starbucks. Of course they are now a massive chain with shady practices, exactly why I stopped going to Starbucks.

Seeing the huge queues of people waiting for their first cup of frothy coffee in months is just plain embarrassing.
Creating microfoam with a steam wand isn't exactly an arcane dark art.

... and also one of the conman’s “tools of choice” when trying to gain entrance to offices in the city.

Walk into the foyer, carrying 2 large coffees:

1. You’ve got 2, so you’re obviously meeting someone. You’re supposed to be here. People don’t see a stranger, they see someone who’s on their way to a meeting.
2. Hold them together, in front of your chest, cos that’s how you carry 2 large coffees. Quite convenient that it hides your fake ID badge, which is on a lanyard round your neck.
3. You’re carrying 2 large coffees. People will hold doors open without you even asking....

4. And if you do get challenged, accidentally spill the coffee over them and make your exit....

Noted for future use. Thanks :okay:

Top Bottom