Could/should I aim for it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Goodness what a lovely supportive bunch you are. It is indeed Pedal for Scotland. I think I may be about to meet Pat "5mph" tomorrow. :okay:
Yes I will aim for it and actually do think I could do it.
Of course you can do it!
I did PfS at 49, maximum distance I had cycled before was 20 flat miles, I did it on a 5 speed bike.
I signed up last minute thinking "I could do this", but in hindsight I should have done more gradual hills forehand, I was knackered for a week after :laugh:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
You're in good hands with Pat , shes lovely :hugs:
Club wise , i was hmmmmm about them but there are good and bad , you just need to find the right one and you make some great mates .
There is a fella from my club that was part of the team TT 100 mile record the year i was born 1973 . He's 81 now and i still bump into him when out riding so i change what i am doing to ride with him . He keeps telling me i wont get fit riding with him but it doesn't matter . Hes a team mate and a nice fella .:okay:

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
No problem. My normal commute is only 5 miles each way but one July I went and rode the Dunwich Dynamo (113 miles) with absolutely no other training except that commute. Saddle soreness is your biggest enemy, followed by poor bike setup.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Your hybrid will be fine and you can definitely do this. My first ride back cycling was 4 miles, I was really pleased with myself, grinning from ear to ear for a couple of days. I cycled 121 miles not long ago and loved every minute. You can achieve anything, good luck and keep us all posted.

OP
OP
Rach1

Rach1

Previously known as wrinkly
Really helpful to hear all your experiences. About to meet today with a local ladies ride (cycleayrshire) so looking forward to that.
Normally a fair weather rider:whistle: it's windy today, just realised I will need to train in all kinds of weather!!
However it seems to be a different Pat I've been in touch with from Pat "5mph"^_^. Mb we will meet someday!

Top Bottom