Could someone help an idiot out and explain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
No such section in my Purchase History - see above.
Do you have these headings, especially 'Unpaid Items'.
1643122568947.png

Jody

Stubborn git
I'm guessing that you don't know why because it has never happened to you. Fair enough.

I did indeed contact eBay's resolution centre and raised a complaint against the seller. I don't know the outcome, but eBay did clear the "did not pay" default from my account.

In chatting with the agent online, they advised that this happens quite a bit - since the sale has been officially "cancelled" it means that the seller doesn't have to pay any selling fees.

OK. Now it's clear. The seller was trying to swerve fees.

The seller didn't declare lack of payment but a cancellation of the sale and you didn't accept that offer. If you had accepted, it would have gone away for both of you.

I would expect a seller to have agreed that in advance and offer me a reduction in cost if I'm helping them avoid ad/final value fees.

They probably got a warning if you reported it.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Do you have these headings, especially 'Unpaid Items'.
View attachment 628122

The item appears under "Cancelled items" (complete with an annotation by me: "Item collected from vendor 11:15 4/12/2021, £40 cash paid, no postage applicable. Vendor needs to advise eBay that transaction is complete as I am getting spurious payment reminders.").

Nothing listed under "Unpaid items", nor any way to record the item as bought and paid for, other than the above annotation.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
The seller didn't declare lack of payment but a cancellation of the sale and you didn't accept that offer.
I wasn't asked to "accept" the cancellation (given that I already had possession of the item), nor did I see it as my responsibility to dig the seller out of a hole of their own making. :smile:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The item appears under "Cancelled items" (complete with an annotation by me: "Item collected from vendor 11:15 4/12/2021, £40 cash paid, no postage applicable. Vendor needs to advise eBay that transaction is complete as I am getting spurious payment reminders.").

Nothing listed under "Unpaid items", nor any way to record the item as bought and paid for, other than the above annotation.
Hopefully the seller gets a strike for cancelling a sale that went through.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom