Could your house be sold without your knowledge or consent ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
You can and should set up an alert on the property. I have alerts setup for my whole extended family - https://www.gov.uk/guidance/property-alert

Thank you for that, alert set up.

While setting up the alert, I note, my property is listed twice, once as freehold, and once as leasehold. The property was originally leasehold, and, we subsequently bought the freehold, presumably, the registered entry changes under those circumstances?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
that's different story that had nothing to do with Lasting Power of Attorney fraud.

But has absolutely to do with your house being sold without your knowledge as per subject title.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Thank you for that, alert set up.

While setting up the alert, I note, my property is listed twice, once as freehold, and once as leasehold. The property was originally leasehold, and, we subsequently bought the freehold, presumably, the registered entry changes under those circumstances?
Mine too. But when I clicked on the leasehold listing it signed me up for a different property!!!! Mine should still be leasehold but the alert has linked me to the freehold option. I shall have to see if I'm charged for ground rent this year.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Was that the story of a man who had been alway for a year to find someone was installed in his house and doing alternations? In Luton I think.
The police initially said it was a civil matter but after a rethink prosecuted the imposter for fraud.
Ah sorry no, it's not a true story (iirc). I cannot recall the name of it.

classic33

Leg End Member
OP
OP
Scaleyback

Scaleyback

Veteran
I've just put an alert on my house. There were no checks, a fraudster could have done it instead.
What has a fraudster to gain by doing that ?

Drago

Legendary Member
I am concerned that Police did not take it up in the first instance.
I should think in the first instance they would have likely sent a beat or response bobby with zero training in fraud. When the victim complained it was likely reviewed by a skipper or inspector with a bit more training and/or experience.

classic33

Leg End Member
"Tenure Unavailable" it says.
"If your property isn’t registered, it doesn’t mean there is a problem with your ownership – it simply means there hasn’t been a transaction to trigger the requirement to register since it became compulsory for your area. (The registration requirement was brought in over a number of years and the date at which it became compulsory varies between local authority areas).

https://www.napthens.co.uk/blog/unregistered-property-whats-impact-move/

Top Bottom