Counting!!

Rach1

Previously known as wrinkly
Wish I could stop but I keep counting my pedal strokes! Particularly going uphill. Is it just me or is it common out there?
I think for me it's thinking, I will make it up there:bicycle: with just 20-50-100 or whatever strokes!

vickster

Legendary Member
Wish I could stop but I keep counting my pedal strokes! Particularly going uphill. Is it just me or is it common out there?
I think for me it's thinking, I will make it up there:bicycle: with just 20-50-100 or whatever strokes!
You could get a cadence meter?
I've never counted my pedal strokes fwiw

I like Skol

Hold my beer and watch this....
Have counted strokes per minute a couple of times, just to get a rough idea of my typical pedalling cadence. Only done that 2 or 3 times at the most as it doesn't really interest me, but NEVER found myself counting pedal revolutions continuously :wacko:

Moodyman

Guru
I did for a while when I was trying to work out my cadence i.e. count how many strokes per 15 seconds and multiply by 4.

But I never counted revs for the sake of it.

Asa Post

Small lungs, weak legs
I do something similar, and I've got a cadence meter so I'm not doing it for that reason.

On hills, to take my mind off the pain, I usually count in fours. I focus on one foot for four revs, then the other foot. It doesn't seem to affect my pedal stroke at all, and I tell myself that it makes the climb a bit easier.

On the turbo I have a different routine. I used to suffer with numb fingers on occasions, so started counting up to a hundred revs, and then changing my hand position from bars to hoods, count another hundred and change back again. Sometimes I include the drops as well. It's cured the numbness, but I often think how odd it would look if anybody was able to see me. Strangely, I never get numbness when riding outside.

... and don't bother telling me that I'm weird. I already know and I don't care :smile:

YukonBoy

The Monch
I play a phycological mindfulness game on steep hills. Each intake of breath pulls me up the hill. I imagine myself sucking in an invisible rope to get to the top. Each expulsion of breath propels me up the hill in steps.

There. You are not alone in your quirkinesses.
Breathing out pushes you back down the hill.

Top Bottom