Counting!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rach1

Previously known as wrinkly
Wish I could stop but I keep counting my pedal strokes! Particularly going uphill. Is it just me or is it common out there?
I think for me it's thinking, I will make it up there:bicycle: with just 20-50-100 or whatever strokes!

vickster

Legendary Member
Wish I could stop but I keep counting my pedal strokes! Particularly going uphill. Is it just me or is it common out there?
I think for me it's thinking, I will make it up there:bicycle: with just 20-50-100 or whatever strokes!
You could get a cadence meter?
I've never counted my pedal strokes fwiw

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Have counted strokes per minute a couple of times, just to get a rough idea of my typical pedalling cadence. Only done that 2 or 3 times at the most as it doesn't really interest me, but NEVER found myself counting pedal revolutions continuously :wacko:

I sometimes count pedal revs if my Cadence sensors / power meters are on the fritz, but never just how many pedal strokes, for the sake of it.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I did for a while when I was trying to work out my cadence i.e. count how many strokes per 15 seconds and multiply by 4.

But I never counted revs for the sake of it.

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I do something similar, and I've got a cadence meter so I'm not doing it for that reason.

On hills, to take my mind off the pain, I usually count in fours. I focus on one foot for four revs, then the other foot. It doesn't seem to affect my pedal stroke at all, and I tell myself that it makes the climb a bit easier.

On the turbo I have a different routine. I used to suffer with numb fingers on occasions, so started counting up to a hundred revs, and then changing my hand position from bars to hoods, count another hundred and change back again. Sometimes I include the drops as well. It's cured the numbness, but I often think how odd it would look if anybody was able to see me. Strangely, I never get numbness when riding outside.

... and don't bother telling me that I'm weird. I already know and I don't care :smile:

Top Bottom