Courier caught throwing bike over fence.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rnscotch

Veteran
Thought i'd post this to see what others thoughts are.. I was sitting in my dining room working from home yesterday as i was aware my new bike was to be delivered today the dining room looks out onto the back garden which is enclosed with a 6 foot wooden fence and gate. So i'm sitting there on the laptop with headphones on and next minute i see the £800 bike i've ordered being launched over my 6 foot locked gate said courier driver climbed half way up the gate to see where it had landed.

Obviously i complained to the retailer i bought the bike from and they are dealing with courier company and have said they would exchange the bike if it's damaged. Now what i want to ask is would you accept said bike damaged or not, just in case there is undetected damage which does not surface till further down the line?. I've not had time to fully inspect the bike due to work and family commitments but on taking it out the box and having a quick scan i can see there is some scuff marks and a few scratches.

So what are folks thoughts on this?

vickster

Legendary Member
Yodel perchance? I’d complain as you’ve done and request a replacement bike. Let the retailer deal with the courier

OP
OP
rnscotch

rnscotch

Veteran
DX was the courier company, Tredz is the bike retailer. Don't get me wrong Tredz are very apologetic. I'm just worried that x amount of time a crack or something might show and it will be to late then.

Sixmile

Veteran
My initial thought was Hermes but I'd say most couriers have irresponsible delivery personnel and responsible ones.

I have ordered from Tredz and found the bike was packed well so I'd dare say that there is more than likely nothing to worry about. The thing is though that any future issue with the bike that you have, you will attribute it to this incident regardless. If you're not happy then return the bike and get a full refund.

snorri

Legendary Member
DX was the courier company, Tredz is the bike retailer. Don't get me wrong Tredz are very apologetic. I'm just worried that x amount of time a crack or something might show and it will be to late then.
No one should be "worried" after taking delivery of a brand new product, you have paid out a substantial sum of cash and deserve to feel "good"!
I think you should express your concerns to Tredz, and don't be put off with the offer of a free puncture repair kit or water bottle as compensation.

Edit Others have beaten me to it, as usual:smile:.

Tin Pot

Guru
Bring on the drones.

Yes go for a new bike.

Tredz seem to be on board with you - let them embarass the courier.

By the by, Hermes turned up at my door with a package the other day - it was for a neighbour and the courier chappie was very good about filling in details, informing the neighbour. I told him his company had an awful reputation and he was aware of lots of bad customer feedback for this south London patch.

Lots of courier companies are wonky these days. I have had a computer (clearly labelled as such) left on my doorstep when I was out. I think that was "Royal" Mail. I have also had royal mail ring my bell and then just trot off leaving stuff on my doorstep, not waiting to see if I was actually in or not - they could have had no way of knowing that I was actually in. I chased the chap down the estate and he was entirely unapologetic. Next time I complain.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
New bike, and I would insist that they bring it to your door and you exchange it for the one they threw over the fence. I wouldn't even open the box. In fact, I'd make them come and retrieve it from my garden and them bill them for any damage to the lawn.

Top Bottom