Covid App: Yay or Nay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Yah - we lost an employee in Mexico because of Covid, I also work in technology so know that I don't need a tin foil hat (for this).

lazybloke

Considering a new username
If
  • the App worked on all phones
  • everyone had a phone
  • everyone installed it
  • everyone enabled bluetooth
  • it had accurate proximity measurement
  • all infected people were able to get an accurate test (not 800 miles away)
  • test restults were available quickly
  • all positive test results could be correctly registered in the app
  • everyone took note of notifications from the app
Then yes, the app would be of some use.

However the majority of infected people are asymptomatic, so even in the best case scenario, the app will have limited effectiveness.

Last edited:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
You remember when you worked in an office and you had a desktop, a filing cabinet full of files, a window and a waste basket and now you see all of that on your computer. Do you remember the lady with the tea and cake trolly who used to come around at 11:00 and 4:00. Well that is like an app on your computer phone.

A Carol Vorderman one.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nay, I had it in March and I don't want to be self-isolating when I am almost certainly immune (for now).
what little evidence there is suggests that natural immunity lasts typically for 2 to 4 months at the most, and its not a given that you would automatically come out the other side with any immunity at all - there are documented instances of individuals catching the disease twice.

DRHysted

Guru
Nay for me because it would be pointless, phones aren’t permitted at work so my phone spends most of its time on the side at home.
since this pandemic began the only places I visit where there are other people are work and the supermarket. The supermarket is done just before they close on a Saturday night, so contact is reduced. At work I’m constantly dealing with international lorry drivers as nearly 86% of our products are exported, so if I’m going to get it it will probably be from one of them. For the record whilst Europe was in lockdown we were still dispatching goods to their businesses (including Italy).

its also a nay from my Mum as her flip phone doesn’t do apps.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Will it run on this?

Venod

Eh up
It was a Yah from me, used in two pubs on Saturday, but one of them insisted I also gave my name and phone number, I have uninstalled it as my battery seemed to be draining quicker,

So Nay from me.

Top Bottom