COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Well at 64 you are Gp 7, and in theory if not practice there are over 5M in Gps 5 and 6 'before you'. Maybe your 57 year old has a UHC she's not shared. Or she's fooled you about her age all these years.;) Edit: scrabbling for possible explanations here.
Calling up someone in Gp 8 does sound 'ahead of the game'.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Wow - 57! Your area is doing well. Very odd they haven’t invited you though. Where does the invitation come from? Is it from your GP or from somewhere central?

From the GP's practice - we share the same practice and the same GP too.

SpokeyDokey

Well at 64 you are Gp 7, and in theory if not practice there are over 5M in Gps 5 and 6 'before you'. Maybe your 57 year old has a UHC she's not shared. Or she's fooled you about her age all these years. Calling up someone in Gp 8 does sound 'ahead of the game'.

^_^

No, she's got no unshared UHC's (we have each other's NHS online medical history logins) - and whilst she is still a v.good looking/looks younger than her age woman at 57, she would be amazingly good/young looking if she was into her 60's. :smooch:

SpokeyDokey

Over 14.5 million jabs now completed inc' 0.5 million second jabs. :notworthy:

What a fantastic achievement by all involved - especially with the snow and ice affecting so many parts of the country.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Having the good fortune:wacko: to be in the "clinically extremely vulnerable" group, I had mine at a large medical centre last Monday evening. I booked one of the last slots of the evening figuring that it would be quiet then. When I turned up there were 40 people queueing quietly and patiently in the car park as snow fell on their heads. It took about twenty minutes to actually get inside the building but nobody complained. We all seemed pretty grateful (and a little excited) to be there. It was a very slick, efficient operation with loads of volunteers telling you exactly what to do and the system was designed to absolutely maximise the number of jabs that could be given. I was extremely impressed. We all thanked the staff profusely.
I had absolutely no side-effects at all, not even a trace of tenderness in my upper arm. Just do it.

lane

Veteran
Further to the Asthma debate. Guardian report:

Many people with asthma are confused about when they will get the vaccine and what priority group they fall into. Sarah Woolnough, the chief executive of Asthma UK and the British Lung Foundation, said: “We’ve been urging the government for some months to provide clarity on this as we know it’s a worrying time for lots of people and we now have more information.”

She said there was evidence that people with well-controlled asthma that is not severe are not at higher risk of dying from Covid-19, which means some people will not be included in category six.

“There is an ongoing discussion about who with asthma will be included in category six, and our understanding is that those with asthma that is difficult to control might be included. As it may be hard to accurately identify everyone in this group, the government should err on the side of caution in decision-making and cast its net wide when making decisions about definitions to ensure that people with asthma who are at risk won’t be missed,” she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...y-over-who-qualifies-for-next-uk-vaccine-wave

Reactions: C R

Buck

Guru
National guidance to GP practices Published last night to now invite group 6 - 16 to 64 with underlying health conditions. (Subject to vaccine availability).

Top Bottom