COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
There was also no B117 which if people look in depth by local area on the covid dashboard can see how incredibly spreadable that is versus the bog standard variant indoors in winter.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Mid April to Mid July 2020 was quite different. Dead right. Vaccine roll-out and the effect on prevention of serious illness means cases will not read across to numbers in hospital to nearly the same extent. I was using Apr-Jul 2020 as an example of exponential decay.
Feel free to share your estimates of the number of general hospital beds that you think will be occupied by C19 positive patients, @lane and/or @marinyork. Then, in due course, we can see.

marinyork

Feel free to share your estimates of the number of general hospital beds that you think will be occupied by C19 positive patients, @lane and/or @marinyork. Then, in due course, we can see.

As I've said about 3 or 4 times now it's a bit more complicated to predict as I look at regions and individual trusts and there's a great deal of variation.

The hospital figures from Israel are starting to look very promising, but the transmission rates in Israel are still extremely high.

Those on mechanical ventillation fall off slower. Sky News was only complaining about an hour ago there's been a non-covid hospital surge, as it's winter.

Reactions: C R

lane

Veteran
Son just got invite for vaccine tomorrow. He is 17 with asthma and a record of some heath issues, but like me I don't see he exactly meets the criteria of group 6, but pleased anyway. He starts back at college on the 15th so timing is actually very good. next on the list should be Mrs Lane hopefully in a few weeks.

lane

Veteran
Mid April to Mid July 2020 was quite different. Dead right. Vaccine roll-out and the effect on prevention of serious illness means cases will not read across to numbers in hospital to nearly the same extent. I was using Apr-Jul 2020 as an example of exponential decay.

I don't intend to give an estimate; even experts are unsure regarding the potential impact of unlocking, and despite the fact that being a poster on cyclechat does bestow status of expert on me, I still don't feel qualified to give an opinion. I do certainly think that cases will rise quite quickly after the 8th March, would expect them to be very much higher by late April, but don't really have a feel for how that will read across to cases in hospital. I do have a feeling that your projection is optimistic and will be very pleased indeed if it is correct.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
US FDA concludes that the Janssen/Johnson&Johnson fridge-temperature one-shot vaccine has "favorable safety", reported as the last step before emergency use authorisation, which will trigger shipment of about 4 million doses to the USA. The EU has ordered 200m doses with assessment expected mid-March; the UK has ordered 30m and assessment was reportedly expected weeks ago but I don't think it's been approved yet?

marinyork

Shep, I genuinely don't know if you are a real person or an internet character you've made up.

I don't think he's an internet character. I bumped into someone this morning very randomly and accidentally I went to college with and they said they only knew 1 person who was work from home and you could tell they were really surprised and didn't really interact with people as shielders, unemployed or people that were work from home or worried a lot about the virus. They'd been to work 5-6 days a week throughout. They were particularly interested in what I had to say about "lockdown 3" and trying to get their head around why that was 'worse' for most people than 1 and 2.

marinyork

People have previously asked about vaccine take up by area and the Daily Mail have a prominent piece.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9299781/Coronavirus-UK-60-people-Isle-Wight-jab.html

Of interest to me is the argument people keep on advancing of how vaccinating a quarter of adults protects loads of people. Sheffield, Manchester, Nottingham and Leeds all have prominent districts due to demographics and other factors with insanely low vaccinations. Never mind 27%+ of the population, these are 3-6%. By contrast down the road from another poster who is quite chillaxed, 57% of the population of Sidmouth have been jabbed!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
That link is extremely helpful, thank you.
I was looking at the uptakes for areas in my locality and there is a difference of 10% between where I live (30%) and the worst area.
Some of the difference will, I think, be down to the number of children bumping up the population of some areas. Fortunately, locally there are not some of the extremely low take ups, but even at this stage, this is disturbing trend.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

lane

Veteran
People have previously asked about vaccine take up by area and the Daily Mail have a prominent piece.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9299781/Coronavirus-UK-60-people-Isle-Wight-jab.html

Of interest to me is the argument people keep on advancing of how vaccinating a quarter of adults protects loads of people. Sheffield, Manchester, Nottingham and Leeds all have prominent districts due to demographics and other factors with insanely low vaccinations. Never mind 27%+ of the population, these are 3-6%. By contrast down the road from another poster who is quite chillaxed, 57% of the population of Sidmouth have been jabbed!

Possibly a bit misleading. I believe the Isle of White has quite an elderly population so maybe why it's high. The area in Nottingham with 4.82% actually has Trent University in the title - that is an area with quite lot of young people - most of whom probably aren't living there currently.

Top Bottom